A smart lady stopped me, “In this country, we peddle happiness like it’s a tangible good.
Buy this car, take this vacation, everything will be amazing if you do x,y, and z.
Happiness is a feeling, it’s not something you can go out and buy.
We need to relieve ourselves from the pressure of needing to be happy all the time.
Keep showing her you are here for her, she sees it.”
And so I try.
Now it’s your turn!
Choose a prompt, post it on your blog, and come back to add your name to the link list below. Be sure to sign up with the actual post URL and not just your basic blog URL (click on the title of your post for that URL). For good comment karma try to comment on the three blogs above your name!!
1. Write a blog post in exactly 7 lines.
2. Write a post where the first and last sentence contain any form of the word “boss.”
3. What five images paint a perfect picture of summer to you? Put those five images together in a piece of writing.
4. Write a blog post inspired by the word: sweet.
5. Fill in the blanks of this template and create your own I Am poem. (ps this is a fun activity for bored kids as well. :)
6. Your favorite summer view so far.