I called my Mom about a week after bringing Kainoa home from the hospital and groaned to her about how he’s not a good baby.
“He wakes up every hour on the hour.”
“I’m feeding him around the clock…I don’t think I can keep up.”
“If he’s awake he’s not happy…I can’t put him down. I just walk around with him and bounce him…he has to keep moving at all times, and even then he’s squirmy and cranky.”
“Nothing makes him happy…I don’t think he likes us.”
Pat and I discussed whether or not we thought he was as difficult as Maile was. We would try to look at the bright side,
“At least he’ll take a bottle…Maile wouldn’t at his age.”
“At least we can put him down to sleep…Lolo’s baby wouldn’t at his age.”
But the fact of the matter is we just had to accept we had been blessed with a fairly difficult child. We’d have to take it one day at a time and before long he’d be past this difficult time and would be a happy loving bouncing baby.
So pray tell. In just a matter of days…how did this:
He is SOOOOO good!! He’s extended his eating intervals to every 2 and a half to 3 hours. He sleeps all day and when he’s up he’s happy!
He coos and talks and smiles.
He loves his swing.
He loves looking at all the kids.
And most of all he loves me!! ME! ME! ME!
When he’s awake it’s only for about an hour at a time and then all it takes is a little rocking and maybe a pacifier to calm him enough to where I can put him in his bed and 75% of the time he puts HIMSELF to sleep. The other 25% just requires a little extra rocking. SUCH A GOOD BABY!!! I don’t know what turned him around, but hallelujah! I love my little guy!!