Your Assignment, Should You Choose To Accept

Directions:

For you newbies it’s never to late to jump in!! Here is what you must do. Choose a prompt that inspires you most. Write. Come back this Thursday and paste the URL to your actual post (do this by clicking the title of your post after you hit publish, an extended URL will come up in the address bar. That’s the URL you want to use) into the Mister Linky that will be up…this way anyone can click on your name and head over to your place to see what you wrote.

Feel free to write on more than one prompt if you so desire. I do it all the time, but it’s my game…and I don’t know how to shut-up…so it should be expected. And remember the more comment love you give, the more comment love you get so comment comment away.

1.) Your pet wants to guest post on your blog.

2.) You wake up one day with an unusual super power that seems pretty worthless—until you are caught in a situation that requires that specific “talent.”

3.) Write about a speech you gave at a wedding.

4.) Write a letter to someone you received poor customer service from.

5.) This time I really MEAN it! It’s time to list your New Year’s resolutions for 2010.

If you have a chance, pop on over to the inspiration for the prompt you find most interesting. Spread some comment love for crying out loud.

Comments

1. Karen Pierce Gonzalez says

Great idea to use prompts for blogs… I’ll see what I can come up with!
    Thx, Karen

A New Year’s resolutions post… sounds… scary! But maybe I will play along… once I figure out what it is I want to resolve! Well, I know – STOP SPENDING MONEY! And LOST WEIGHT ONCE AND FOR ALL! And stop YELLING! Sigh…

Hmmmmm. I gave this really sappy speech at my brother’s wedding five (almost six) years ago. I’ll have to see if I can remember it.

The only speech I gave at a wedding was supposed to be the toast to the bride, but she called it off three weeks before the wedding, so I read it at the “We’re So Happy She Didn’t Marry Him” party. lol

I think I’ll chat about my New Year’s Resolutions. And maybe I’ll even mean them. lol

i dont feel like complaints and we dont do speechs in Maltese weddings and the first two are not inspiring so although I already listed my reslution, I will do so again…..I know its lame but the end of the year is up and before the new one starts I am kinda tired

Hi MK –

My favorite writing prompt of all time is to simply turn to page 49 of ANY book, grab the first full sentence and write for the next 30 minutes. I LOVE this prompt! I allow the words take me where they want to go…from gold-digging college girls to vampires to a 12 year old sensei in training…

7. stu pidasso says

I feel a letter from the ghost of my past pet, Brew coming on to haunt me and my readers. This ought to be good.

I’m ba-ack!
    Yay, cute prompts. Done and Done, hope I remember to visit Mr Linky tomorrow, it is NYE already down here in the future!

I don’t know if I can do any of those prompts : ) I don’t have any energy tonight. But the thing is, I know for absolute certain, you can barely stand having ME not participate… : ) Or not really! Happy New Year Kat! May your flowery obituary never see the light of day. Or the ink of a newspaper press. Or something like that! : ) I said the word obituary this word and Naji and Kaishon were CRACKING up for hours and kept telling everyone we saw that I was cursing… Oh. My. Word. Boys are so silly.

I am sorry this comment went on for a million hours. It’s like I think you are my therapist or something.

Please send a bill at once : )