Your Assignment, Should You Choose To Accept

December 29, 2009 · 16 comments

Directions:

For you newbies it’s never to late to jump in!! Here is what you must do. Choose a prompt that inspires you most. Write. Come back this Thursday and paste the URL to your actual post (do this by clicking the title of your post after you hit publish, an extended URL will come up in the address bar. That’s the URL you want to use) into the Mister Linky that will be up…this way anyone can click on your name and head over to your place to see what you wrote.

Feel free to write on more than one prompt if you so desire. I do it all the time, but it’s my game…and I don’t know how to shut-up…so it should be expected. And remember the more comment love you give, the more comment love you get so comment comment away.

1.) Your pet wants to guest post on your blog.

2.) You wake up one day with an unusual super power that seems pretty worthless—until you are caught in a situation that requires that specific “talent.”

3.) Write about a speech you gave at a wedding.

4.) Write a letter to someone you received poor customer service from.

5.) This time I really MEAN it! It’s time to list your New Year’s resolutions for 2010.

If you have a chance, pop on over to the inspiration for the prompt you find most interesting. Spread some comment love for crying out loud.

Karen Pierce Gonzalez December 29, 2009 at 2:51 pm

Great idea to use prompts for blogs… I’ll see what I can come up with!
Thx, Karen

AllisonO December 29, 2009 at 4:35 pm

O, I so have a poor customer service letter to write from this weekend. Best Buy, imma comin for you.

Kimmy December 29, 2009 at 5:57 pm

Oh my, pet guest post, poor customer service, 2010 resolution…decisions, decisions. I just may have to do all 3.

Loukia December 29, 2009 at 6:53 pm

A New Year’s resolutions post… sounds… scary! But maybe I will play along… once I figure out what it is I want to resolve! Well, I know – STOP SPENDING MONEY! And LOST WEIGHT ONCE AND FOR ALL! And stop YELLING! Sigh…

Jennifer December 29, 2009 at 7:09 pm

Hmmmmm. I gave this really sappy speech at my brother’s wedding five (almost six) years ago. I’ll have to see if I can remember it.

Rhonda December 29, 2009 at 8:17 pm

The only speech I gave at a wedding was supposed to be the toast to the bride, but she called it off three weeks before the wedding, so I read it at the “We’re So Happy She Didn’t Marry Him” party. lol

I think I’ll chat about my New Year’s Resolutions. And maybe I’ll even mean them. lol

Summer December 29, 2009 at 8:25 pm

resolution #1….

Make out with Kathy.

Is that weird?

Mama Kat December 29, 2009 at 10:53 pm

It’s normal, expected, and do-able.

melissa aka equidae December 30, 2009 at 12:35 am

i dont feel like complaints and we dont do speechs in Maltese weddings and the first two are not inspiring so although I already listed my reslution, I will do so again…..I know its lame but the end of the year is up and before the new one starts I am kinda tired

Peggy December 30, 2009 at 5:49 am

Hi MK –

My favorite writing prompt of all time is to simply turn to page 49 of ANY book, grab the first full sentence and write for the next 30 minutes. I LOVE this prompt! I allow the words take me where they want to go…from gold-digging college girls to vampires to a 12 year old sensei in training…

Kathy December 30, 2009 at 11:14 am

Great prompts Kat! I’ll be here tomorrow!!

Condo Blues December 30, 2009 at 1:22 pm

My dog already did a guest post on my blog for Talk Like a Pirate Day so it looks like News Year’s Resolutions for me.

stu pidasso December 30, 2009 at 1:24 pm

I feel a letter from the ghost of my past pet, Brew coming on to haunt me and my readers. This ought to be good.

Melissa December 30, 2009 at 5:20 pm

I’m ba-ack!
Yay, cute prompts. Done and Done, hope I remember to visit Mr Linky tomorrow, it is NYE already down here in the future!

Life with Kaishon December 30, 2009 at 6:53 pm

I don’t know if I can do any of those prompts : ) I don’t have any energy tonight. But the thing is, I know for absolute certain, you can barely stand having ME not participate… : ) Or not really! Happy New Year Kat! May your flowery obituary never see the light of day. Or the ink of a newspaper press. Or something like that! : ) I said the word obituary this word and Naji and Kaishon were CRACKING up for hours and kept telling everyone we saw that I was cursing… Oh. My. Word. Boys are so silly.

I am sorry this comment went on for a million hours. It’s like I think you are my therapist or something.

Please send a bill at once : )

Holly L December 30, 2009 at 11:27 pm

Great prompts…great way to end the year! See ya tomorrow!