Writer’s Workshop: I Want To Be Fixed

Fixed.

I want to be better.
Plump lips, rosy cheeks, tan skin.
I want to be desired.
Tone arms, skinny legs, small waist.
I want to fit in.
Long hair, wide eyes, straight teeth.
I want to be pretty.
Wavy hair, perky boobs, sculpted brows.
I want to be fixed.

Choose a prompt, post it on your blog, and come back and sign Mr. Linky. Be sure to sign up with the actual post URL and not just your basic blog URL (click on the title of your post for that URL). For good comment karma try to comment on the three blogs above your name!!

1.) 10 Reasons why you’re better off without him….or her….or it.

2.) Brea from Tomika’s Treasure Trove wants your advice: Quick question. I am new to the blogging world, having clocked up less than 2 weeks worth of posts, and I have just had an ‘Anonymous’ commenter slam me for blogging about my daughter, mentioning her by name, posting photos and up-to-date stories about her. I have not mentioned anywhere in my blog where we live, Country OR State, or what school she goes to. I have also seen, on several other blogs, that other parents do the same thing as me. Some even mention where they live. I was wondering, as a fellow blogger who posts about your family, what are your thoughts on the subject?

3.) “What images inspire you immediately? Open a magazine and create a piece of writing (poem, story, essay) about the first image that captures your imagination.”

4.) “Why do we watch them? Make fun of soap operas with a piece of writing.”

5.) Craft time! Do share.

Copy and Paste Code

Comments

1. adrianscrazylife says

Wow, I can’t believe I got in early this time. Usually I’m dragging along adding my link on Friday afternoon. Guess there are some advantages to staying up drastically late!

I want to be fixed too….but if it looks like that in the end…I’m cool with the way I am! =) And Kat, you are beee-u-ti-ful just the way you are!!

3. 3 Men and a Lady says

holy cow! she’s the poster child for why NOT to have plastic surgery, LOL. Kidding aside, I’d get a couple of adjustments, maybe, but nothing noticeable (if I could afford it and I can’t).

I don’t understand plastic surgery much to be honest and that picture highlights just why i find it all so scary. Im hoping she doesn’t really look like that, poor girl and that it’s a photoshop job.

Alright, I am just going to say it. I have always thought that you needed a little work. Glad to see you agree.

Kidding. No, don’t cry I am really kidding.

You are perfect. The most beautiful blogger ever!

Anyway, this was great. And I am a total overachiever today b/c I wrote on 2 prompts. :)

Ewww. Every time I see an actress on tv with all that silicone pumped into their face I want to gag. I think I would prefer to look older rather than so obviously fake. I just can’t get past it. Yuck.

Well, since my work blocks all images I have no idea what the image you posted is, but I can tell from the comments that it’s not good! Anyway, I always enjoy your Writers Workshops…They give me a chance to write something fresh and different. Thanks!

Ahhh that picture is scary scary! You don’t need to be fixed, you’re beautiful the way you are already! Especially if there’s risk that you would look like that lady. No writters workshop for me this week, I was too busy writting about scones and forgot it was Thursday – back to it next week.
    Jade

What will our little girls think if that face becomes the new normal? They’ll be asking for surgery instead of toys at Christmas.

Like we don’t have enough problems with body image already.

Arrrrggggghhhhhh!!!! The attack of the plump-lipped plastic face woman! You don’t need to be fixed … you’re beautiful just as you are.

Great post Kat! Yes, that lady is frightening.

I linked up with a craft post. Yay! I needed that inspiration to get this post finished… finally!

Have a great day!

Oh my goodness Kat! What kind of magazines are you reading?!? In all seriousness, I was just thinking about this the other day – society’s unrealistic view of beauty and plastic surgery’s role in it all. Why can’t we just embrace what real, natural, unaltered beauty really looks like? I fear for our daughters, the unrealistic portrayl of beauty in the media and it’s effect on young women. *sigh*
    Great promtps this week, Kat.

Kristi, Live and Love…Out Loud
    @TweetingMama

Don’t let this happen to you. Frightening. Then again, I imagine she has some kind of “dysmorphic” something that would qualify her as having mental illness, so maybe I’ll put a brake on the judgement. But, man.

I don’t have any magazines around my house (I don’t think, anyway!). I read all my trash online these days! This ad is freakin’ hilarious. Trying to put my thinking cap on and complete my Assignment today, as I’m a loyal follower and participator!!

Hugs, Kat

First I will say, my daughter thinks you are very pretty. She has even done the workshop with me a couple of times. The poem is great, the picture is very telling, and the message is perfect!

Oh, Lord, Kathy! I can sure understanding you wanting to be fixed, but hopefully not like that.

P.S. I’m totally not trying to say that you *need* to be fixed. I just understand the fact that nearly every woman *wants* to be fixed. :)

P.P.S. I think you’re flawless.

P.P.P.S I might be advertising with you guys and I wish I had realized how fabulous your deal was sooner!

P.P.P.P.S You are supposed to add the Ps first right? Not the Ss? P.S.S.S.S.?

17. dusty earth mother says

so sorry i did mine twice–did it wrong the first time. I’m a first-timer! (obviously)

Yay! It’s my first time playing! Fun!

Also, if anyone who checks my post out wants to go to the previous post and throw in any advice they have, that’d be pretty darn cool with me.

Fixed? I told the doctor I wanted to be fixed after my second c-section. Double knots, please. Otherwise, I’d have been knocked up again *shudder* because The Husband would never have gotten around to getting fixed.
    This is my first time playing with the writing prompts, so any feedback would be appreciated!

20. Dawn says

Scary… my 15 year old daughter has recently started watching programmes like America’s Next Top Model, and she has liked Jordan, AKA Katie Price for a long time, who I think is totally false. I am like most women and wouldn’t say no to having a wonderfully firm body, a gorgeous face and voluminous hair, but I really don’t understand why any woman would want to look so obviously operated on. I’m new and posted my first blog here, but it was from the list of old prompts so not sure if I did the right thing. Will definitely be back here!

When I initially commented I clicked the “Notify me when new comments are added” checkbox and
    now each time a comment is added I get three
    emails with the same comment. Is there any way you can remove people from that service?
    Thank you!

Trackbacks

1. […] I had enough for leftovers for lunch. I love leftovers.Ooops. I almost forgot. I linked this up on Mama Kat’s Writer’s Workshop (cooking is too a craft) and Parenting By Dummies Thank Me Later Thursday. //LinkWithinCodeStart var […]