Lollipop

This day is always a nostalgic one for me. I wasn’t sure I’d have more babies after Laina was born. You can read all about the ordeal in part I., part II., and part III. of her birth story (be warned, there’s some foul language in those posts), but I’ll save you the clicks and tell you now that it was traumatic for both of us. Laina was born with a giant bruise on her forehead and I endured a six hour surgery that required six blood transfusions and a painful night in the ICU. My brother, being the sentimental gem that he is, gave me permission to stop having babies after that. It was his way of telling me I had scared the shit out of the family. Pardon my french.

That baby is five years old today and every bit as amazing now as she was the day she was born.

Laina From Zero To One
Laina Two to Three

Laina 4 to 5

For her birthday I made her a Purple House cake and when it was finished she smiled and said, “Mom! Dats jest what my purple house looks like!!”

Laina's Birthday

She said her favorite part of the day was opening presents…

Laina's Birthday

My favorite part of the day

Me and Laina

Was remembering how lucky I am to have such happy, healthy, growing, amazing babies.

Here’s one minute of Laina talking candidly about her purple house…and a snippit of her adorable chipmunk dance:

Comments

Awww….Happy Birthday Laina!!! May you have many more fun days ahead. Oh, and get that purple house! :o)

2. Jayme says

Goodness you make some adorable kids!
    Happy birthday, Laina!
    What a huge ordeal it was for you to get her here. Crazy!

Oh my gosh! Can I just tell you that I think that’s absolutely, positively adorable? I love the way that you talk just like her.

Now…I’m going to watch the video – can’t wait!

4. Sweet Tea says

Who wouldn’t love someone who loves a Purple House?!
    Adorable Birthday Girl!!

She is just adorable but I am sure that you know that. She is so special to have a mom like you and you are so blessed to have a daughter like her. I am so glad to get to know her through you and this blog. :)

Happy Birthday, Laina.

Happy Birthday Laina! That imagination is fantastic. She’s going places ya know. Good places…and yes, I got that all from her big birthday where she turns five. :)

Congrats to the birthday girl. There is nothing like a birthday to make us moms feel all nostalgic about them being born and growing up. And to suddenly question where the time has gone.

8. alexis says

three things:

1) you are gorgeous.
    2) your kids are adorable–i have a little brother named kainoa.
    3) i forgot the third thing, but love your blog.

What an amazing imagination she has!!! And her eyes when she’s talking about the house and the forest and Sparkles are sooooooo serious. She’s gorgeous!

Happy birthday, Laina!!!

Justine :o )

I hope she and the dogs drive over to my house some day. I’ll paint it purple if I have to. My blog is purple. Will that do? Love her!

Happy birthday, Laina!!

I’m going to have to go back and read your terrifying story. I love to watch train wrecks too, in case you were wondering.

Laina is such a doll. Happy 5th Birthday to that sweet girl!

Happy one-day late birthday, Laina! You bettter be nice to your mommy after all that birthing drama!

Kat, you are the best mom ever for that purple cake! So cute.

Trackbacks