Pictures For Christmas

December 16, 2010 · 53 comments

You should know I’m taking my first ever blogging break until the first week of January.

Notice I did not say “internet” break…or “social media” break. I will still be here, just not HERE…blogging.

I’m sure I’ll have something brilliant to say when I get back.

If I even last that long.

We all know I’m addicted to this space.

And how difficult it is for me to go long periods of time without talking about myself.

I will not leave you empty handed…I will share these with you these pictures for Christmas.

Get a load of my rambunctious little elves!!

Christmas 2003

Christmas 2004

Christmas 2005

Christmas 2006

Christmas 2007

Christmas 2008

Christmas 2009

Christmas 2010

Yes they are available for modeling, please don’t all ask at once. I try not to over work them.

Have a very Merry Christmas…or whatever it is you celebrate.

Jennifer Bruno December 16, 2010 at 9:50 pm

You will be missed! Enjoy the holidays!

I'm a full-time mummy December 16, 2010 at 10:04 pm

Cute cute cute pictures!

misssrobin December 16, 2010 at 10:36 pm

Enjoy your time off. And your family. You remember them right? They’re the ones you blog about.

JustMom420zaks December 16, 2010 at 10:37 pm

Good for you! Enjoy the holidays, you deserve it.
I know you blog like, every day.
Um, so your children look a bit… dubious… about Santa.
And is that the same Santa every year?? Rock on with your bad self!

threeundertwo December 16, 2010 at 10:46 pm

Enjoy your break! I’m taking one too. What will blogland do without us? And can I use one of your Christmas pictures for our Christmas card? Because ours turned out awful.

Scary Mommy December 17, 2010 at 3:29 am

I love, that in the one picture that the kids are all sort of smiling, Santa is scowling. Perfect!

Paula Kiger December 17, 2010 at 4:43 am

You deserve a break, definitely. What the heck am I going to do next Tuesday, though, when I look for and don’t get writing prompts (yeah, yeah I know you have like 5,000 archived on that one page but it’s the not knowing what arduous poem idea is going to cross my path that makes this fun (ha ha). Enjoy your holiday; I am grateful for the energy you put into bringing us all together. Now go out and generate some memories — you’ll need some new material in January!!!

Foursons December 17, 2010 at 5:04 am

The 3rd from the bottom is my favorite! I literally LOL’d when I saw it. Thanks for making my morning!

Nicole@MTDLBlog December 17, 2010 at 5:54 am

Merry Christmas! Enjoy your bloggy break – you’ve earned it! We’ll all still be here when you return. :-D

Paulina J! December 17, 2010 at 6:25 am

I was oohing and aahing up until the 3rd picture… then I just couldn’t stop laughing! Enjoy your well-deserved break!!

JHS December 17, 2010 at 6:28 am

OMG, thanks for the laugh first thing in the a.m. I feel your pain! I have some similarly awful photos myself. Looking at those photos, my first thought was, “Thank God those days are over!” But I do miss taking my boys to see Santa, the Easter Bunny, etc. Those years passed so quickly and, although I couldn’t do it all again, I miss many aspects of having little ones. No, I’m not ready to be a grandmother. I’m just sayin’ that having your children morph into grown men leads to occasional melancholy moments, esp. around the holidays, when there are no little ones around to fuss over and spoil. Enjoy your blogging break and the holidays!

Kir December 17, 2010 at 6:37 am

Awesome, those pictures are PRICELESS..and beautiful.

MERRY MERRY CHRISTMAS :)

Jennifer December 17, 2010 at 7:04 am

I think besides the dresses going from one girl to the next my favorite thing is the look on Santa’s face in the third photo. Very cute.

But wth is up with some of these other Santas? Haven’t they heard Santa is supposed to be jolly?

Mrs. Jen B December 17, 2010 at 7:21 am

I’m not sure which one is my favorite, but I’m dubbing #3 “Santa Side-Eye”. I love all of them, though – a walk down memory lane. Even if memory lane is wet with tears.

Friend of mine told me that she took her 14 month old yesterday. The entire time they were in line she waved at Santa and blew kisses and said “Santa!” over and over. Then she got on his lap and howled. The minute she was off? “Santa! Santa!” *blowing kisses*

I wonder why that is?

Crystal December 17, 2010 at 7:28 am

I love the “crying on Santa’s lap” pics. I know every mom wants the perfect smile, outfit, hair pics of their cherub…but my kids aren’t like that. I like ther real life, tree being knocked over, santa wrestling to hold the toddler and the preschooler running away pics better! Merry Christmas!!

Lindsay December 17, 2010 at 7:34 am

What the eff was wrong with Santa in 2007 and 2009?? Both were GREAT pictures IF ONLY SANTA WOULD SMILE. JEEBUS!

Anna December 17, 2010 at 8:01 am

enjoy your break!

Anna December 17, 2010 at 8:01 am

enjoy your break!

Danielle December 17, 2010 at 8:16 am

Enjoy the break! Have a happy Christmas!

Jenna @ Newlyweds December 17, 2010 at 8:50 am

Good for you, I will be doing the same thing, enjoy your holidays. Love the santa pictures, funny how different each santa looks.

S Club Mama December 17, 2010 at 9:14 am

Kainoa has that smoldering look down…maybe he’s just mad. lol Gosh, you have cute kids, Kat.

Ginny Marie @ Lemon Drop Pie December 17, 2010 at 10:34 am

Have a wonderful Christmas, and enjoy your break!

Kimmy December 17, 2010 at 2:01 pm

WOW….lol….someone looks THRILLED to be there!! LMAO!!!

Have a FABulous Christmas!!!

Sharon December 17, 2010 at 3:32 pm

Have a very Merry Christmas! Enjoy your break! The children are lovely!

Tricia December 17, 2010 at 9:59 pm

The 6th picture made me pee a little. Or did my water just break? Whatever. Merry Christmas, sweet lady!

Bella December 18, 2010 at 5:38 am

Great pics. Adorable kids. Great Santa. He has that twinkle in his eye! Have a wonderful break. Merry Christmas!

Roo {NiceGirlNotes} December 18, 2010 at 10:18 am

#2 Santa and #4 Santa are the same. Are they both the same as #8 Santa, though? #6 looks like the nicest/least creepy Santa. :D

Kristy December 18, 2010 at 1:01 pm

Those crying ones were great! Their pain, our entertainment. :)

Sugar Mama December 18, 2010 at 5:52 pm

Their faces in the last picture… cracking me up! They are like “ugh, I have to sit with this damn stinky man AGAIN. Get it over with already.” Doesn’t look like your son has ever really cared for ole St. Nick. Good memories!

Dumb Mom December 18, 2010 at 7:03 pm

The only thing funnier than your kids’ faces are the various faces of the various Santa’s. I’m assuming they aren’t all the same guy, but you know, they all look alike. Santas. All Santa’s look alike. Anywho, I stalked around a bit & discovered you’re going to BlogHer?! I didn’t know you were for BlogHer. That’s so totally freaking sweet because I will be there too. Looking and acting all awesome and stuff. We should like meet up, and um, do that together. I’ve been riding Angie’s saddle to get her to come down. She said she would, but now I’m starting to think it’s more for you and not as much for me. That’s okay. I know how to pretend!

Wombat Central December 19, 2010 at 5:56 pm

Great pics! I’ve never been able to get my kids to go near Santa Claus. I imagine mine would have been a cry fest. Merry Christmas!

Carri December 19, 2010 at 8:15 pm

All I want for Christmas is a “screaming-while-on-Santa’s-lap” picture. And here you have TWO. Life is so not fair.

Jessica December 19, 2010 at 8:37 pm

I love looking at pictures of kids with Santa. Seriously. It honestly doesn’t get better than this – the year after year terror in every child’s face.

I mean, I give you props because you managed to have at least one of your children not cry in each of these pictures (I think…). And, I honestly don’t believe that I’ve seen another mother master this!

Why is it that they’re so scared of Santa?! What is it about the guy bearing gifts for children everywhere that freaks every kid out?!

Have a great break! I hope you’re able to stay away for a little while…I know it’s nice to step away from blogging every now and again!

mom taxi julie December 20, 2010 at 8:46 am

You have some great ones there lol. Not only are the kids scared to death in a few of them there are some pretty scary looking santas!

Josie @ Skinny Way Of Life December 21, 2010 at 10:23 am

hahaha their faces are priceless!! So cute!

Lolli @ Better in Bulk December 21, 2010 at 5:57 pm

“Mommy, why does Santa look so different this year?”

I love crying kid Santa pictures. They always make me laugh….and then feel guilty.

MsBabyPlan December 22, 2010 at 2:50 am

So funny! How come around the age of two they start to cry on Father Christmas’ lap?

The last picture shows that it was the last of the Christmas trip to see Father Christmas, LOL!

Happy Holidays!

Julie December 22, 2010 at 7:56 am

I love how the one where Santa is smiling really big you have 2 cry-ers with him… and then the next picture those 2 are smiling big and there’s no Santa smile to be found!

Enjoy your blog break! Have a great Christmas!

Wendy Hagen December 22, 2010 at 9:35 pm

My favorite is the last one. Because the look of excitement on your son’s face – priceless.

Angie December 23, 2010 at 9:36 am

I love this collection of Santa and Mama Kat’s brood full of goodness, smiles ) and Christmas Cheer. I really would love to meet them one day, they are so cute.

Merry Christmas, my friend.

Lauren December 23, 2010 at 9:39 pm

Those poor Santa’s, kids always crying on them! Lol.

KWombles December 24, 2010 at 6:24 am

Love the pics! Merry Christmas!

Bruna December 24, 2010 at 9:49 am

I love the pics and how you also have ones with one or two of the kids crying in them. Too funny! This year, I had to sit beside Santa in order to get my youngest into the pic. The photographers cropped me out except you can still see an extra pair of legs in the photo.

Merry Christmas and happy blogging break!

liz December 26, 2010 at 10:21 am

I hope you guys had a great Christmas!

These pictures are hysterical. And a couple of the Santas look as forlorn as your kids!

Weekend Cowgirl December 27, 2010 at 1:06 pm

Great photos! Have a nice blog break. Everyone needs a break every once in awhile!

Michelle December 27, 2010 at 5:40 pm

Merry Christmas!

The pictures made me chuckle. They go from happy to screaming and back from year to year. It seems like older babies and young toddlers hardly ever like Santa. Oh well!

Sarah Ruth December 28, 2010 at 10:55 am

I love the one where they’re all crying! Hehehe.

Old School/New School Mom December 29, 2010 at 4:19 pm

Those are some of the best Santa pictures I have ever seen. The screaming and crying ones are awesome. I love your brood!

B Harper December 29, 2010 at 9:38 pm

I love grouchy and/or screaming kids with Santa – I was so stoked when my daughter freaked out this year. Come back soon, please.

Shell December 29, 2010 at 9:43 pm

Too cute! Happy Holidays!

sheila December 31, 2010 at 4:51 pm

I treasure the crying at santa shots! I just adore those!

Adena December 31, 2010 at 6:19 pm

I just recently found SITS and all the glorious blogs/blog frog/community that it entails. I love that the pic showing the kids crying with a smiling Santa is immediately followed by smiling kids but a grumpy looking Santa LOL. Hope you have a Happy New Year.

Adena December 31, 2010 at 6:19 pm