5.) Your top ten list of Summer Don’ts
10. Don’t complain about the heat. We get it. It’s hot. The same thing happens every year around this time. You spent all Winter complaining about how cold it was so buck up and enjoy the heat.
9. Don’t buy your children bubbles. I don’t know who decided handing a child a long tube filled with sticky soap and a tiny wand was a good idea, but I’m here to tell you it’s not. It will be spilled. On your carpet. You have been warned.
8. Don’t take fashion advice from the catwalk. None of these will look good on you.
7. Unless you are under the age of 22 and/or have no children and/or are Beyonce…do not consider wearing a monokini this summer. I don’t care what Victoria whispers to you, this is not a secret the rest of the world needs to see:
6. In fact don’t consider wearing any type of provocative swimwear when clearly the burkini is the way to go. Let’s cover up ladies! I’m bringing burka back.
5. Don’t get pregnant. Nausea and Summer do not go well together…margaritas and Summer on the other hand…excellent combo.
4. Don’t let your kids stay up late. True that it’s lighter later and they don’t have school in the morning, but they are no more tolerable now then they were six months ago. Nighty night munchkins.
3. This. Don’t.
2. Can I get some face with my flower please? Let’s not over do it ladies.
1. Mermaid tales are for Halloween and/or Ariel and/or amputees. Don’t let me catch you wearing one of these at the beach.
Now it’s your turn!
Choose a prompt, post it on your blog, and come back to add your name to the link list below. Be sure to sign up with the actual post URL and not just your basic blog URL (click on the title of your post for that URL). For good comment karma try to comment on the three blogs above your name!!
1.) Write about a time you got in BIG trouble as a kid.
2.) Not your mother’s daughter…how do you parent differently than your mother did? Is it a good thing or a bad thing?
3.) Photo Story: Share photos of your most recent trip to the beach (maybe an excuse to go!).
4.) Write a poem about starting over.
5.) Your top 10 Summer Don’ts.