Almost Worse

October 11, 2012 · 9 comments

Post image for Almost Worse

Almost worse than projectile child vomit during breakfast is the hysterical screaming proceeding PCV…not because the child got vomit all over himself and his beloved blanket.

Not because the child got vomit all over the counter where other children were eating and up and down the stools where other children were sitting.

Not because the child feels terrible for his mother who must now reverse out of “10 minutes to get the kids to school mode” and immediately into “scrubbing while dry heaving mode” and OMG she can’t do this AND get the kids out the door in 10 minutes panic.

Almost worse than projectile child vomit during breakfast is the hysterical screaming proceeding PCV because said child is still HUNGRY.

Listening to a five year old scream about being hungry WHILE cleaning up his food filled vomit is enough to send a panicked, dry heaving, crazy mom into a hysterical fit of laughter on the kitchen the floor.

It’s almost worse than projectile child vomit.

Almost.

Arnebya October 12, 2012 at 4:50 am

Barely almost, huh? So glad I haven’t had to deal with any vomit, from anyone, in a good year (KNOCK ALL THE WOOD FOR NO PCV TONIGHT (and certainly not any that is preceded nor followed by wails of still hungry because um, ew)).

Maggie S. October 12, 2012 at 6:22 am

What an upbeat and positive take on life you have to acknowledge that there could be something worse.

Mine freezes. She knows she’s going to detonate, and she can’t move. I have carried her like a department store mannequin through the house and plunked her in front of the commode. I HAD TIME. She still can’t eat a McChicken sandwich, though.

Jen @ Cuddles and Chaos October 12, 2012 at 9:54 am

This post is the definition of fabulous– even if you didn’t feel particularly fabulous while dry heaving and mopping up chunks of food that smelled like bile.

Marta October 12, 2012 at 11:08 am

Oh wow that sounds lovely. I can’t imagine having an appetite after all that.

Jennifer October 12, 2012 at 11:24 am

My four year old is the exact same way. “No sweety you can’t have hot wings. You just threw up all over the place. Remember?”

Chris Carter October 13, 2012 at 4:23 am

Love that kind of morning!!! Oh, I have soooo been there!!! My daughter actually had pancakes an hour after puking… she was “starving” so I said, well this will surely be the test. Stayed down…thank GOD. ;)

Dana @ This Silly Girl's Life October 13, 2012 at 11:25 am

LOL. SO this is what I have to look forward to…

Corinna October 22, 2012 at 6:10 am

I hope this never, ever happens to me!

leeann November 7, 2012 at 12:00 pm

Rainbow vomit – if only …