I often claim I’m going to “turn over a new leaf” and eat better and then fail terribly at this task. I love salads and soups and asparagus, and I DO eat those things…in addition to whatever else in the world I want. I have zero self discipline.
So today I did some self reflecting (my first time) and decided perhaps my history of childhood snack habits might possibly contribute to why it is I have such a hard time sticking to truly healthy eating habits as an adult.
Top 8 Favorite Snacks According to my Childhood
8. A bag of country time lemonade powder to dip, dip, and redip my fingers into on the bus and at every recess.
7. Lays potato chips and a side of ketchup. (Just LIKE french fries!)
6. Freezer burned strawberry filled Twinkies.
5. Maple syrup and a side of corn bread.
4. Sauce and cheese on tortillas, sauce and cheese on crackers, sauce and cheese on ANYTHING.
2. A block of melted cheese. Just me, a plate, and a giant glob of melted cheese. Maybe the sauce wasn’t so necessary after all.
1. Microwaved bologna slices, heated to taste like hot dogs and cut to dip in ketchup. Between the potato chips and bologna I was really all set for my own indoor BBQ picnic.
It’s not my fault.
Who wants a cupcake?