Share an embarrassing moment (these are always fun to read).
Why limit myself to just one moment when clearly I’ve been collecting embarrassing moments since the last time I shared my ‘foot in the mouth‘ tendencies? Here we go:
1. Yesterday I called my neighbor of 9 years Mandy. The truth is I never call her by her first name because in nine years I haven’t been able to decide if Mandy is HER name or if Mandy is our other neighbor’s name. So I don’t actually know either of their names, but I backed myself into a corner and called her Mandy to her face with all the fake confidence in the world. Her name is Marci as it turns out. In case you were curious.
2. I met Wendi Aarons while passing through elevators at Blogher ’12 in New York. I was going in with friends, she was going out with friends. Of course I know who she is, we banter plenty on Twitter and she writes a brilliantly hilarious humor blog. But I thought it would be funny to pretend not to know who she was when we met face to face for the first time because…hilarious right? Problem is I was kind of the only one in on the joke. We had approximately 35 seconds to make a great first “Oh my gosh HI!” connection and I wasted it going, “yeah I’m not quite sure, and you areeeeee who again? Just kidding bye!” Because I’m twelve.
3. My husband’s family was visiting from out of town and while they were away on a day trip to Seattle I snuck in a shower. The fact that I say I “snuck” into my own shower, should give you some idea as to what kind of freak show you’re dealing with, because I refuse to take one with visitors in the house. When they returned his sister was all “Pat I know I’m losing my hair, but did you have to pull all of that out of the drain that I see on the side of the tub? I’m so sorry!” And I was all, “Oh no you’re fine! I took a shower while you were away….and…” and apparently I’m losing my hair now too.
4. During my first trip out to Boulder to meet Team BlogFrog I greeted my boss and Co-Founder of BlogFrog Rustin Banks with a great big hug!! I’ve known Holly and Rustin for years through blogging now so of course seeing them in person I just have to wrap my arms around them for a big squeeze! I called my sister later and was all, “I don’t think I should probably hug my boss again. I have a feeling the other people in the office maybe don’t hug him all the time…” and she was all “He’s your BOSS you weirdo! Who hugs their BOSS!?!” Not me! …anymore.
5. My plane hit turbulence while flying into Vegas for Bloggy Boot Camp last month and my terrified reaction was to grab the man’s HAND sitting next to me. I believe I startled him as much as I startled myself, but rather than address my action I instead said something like, “Oh Jesus!” and then buried my head into my window. I sat on my hands for the duration of the flight and did not even glance in his direction, although it was clear the sexual tension my touch caused him to have for me was palpable.
Now it’s your turn!
Choose a prompt, post it on your blog, and come back to add your name to the link list below. Be sure to sign up with the actual post URL and not just your basic blog URL (click on the title of your post for that URL). For good comment karma try to comment on the three blogs above your name!!
1.) Share your winter bucket list.
2.) Name a place in the world that you never want to visit.
3.) Bill Cosby once said, “My children love my mother and I tell my children, “That is NOT the same woman I grew up with, that is an old woman trying to get into heaven now.” How have your parents changed now that they’re grandparents?
4.) Tell us about a time something happened or something was said that gave you the chills.
5.) Share an embarrassing moment (these are always fun to read).