Writer’s Workshop: Luscious Four Layer Pumpkin Cake!

1.) Share a favorite Thanksgiving Recipe.

Happy Thanksgiving!

I have a confession.

Last year at this time I did a whole sweet potato casserole video and was all “you’re going to be the hit of the party at Thanksgiving dinner when you make this!” I was disappointed to see that video did not go viral. I mean…I put a lot of energy into it and even took a bite of a raw sweet potato. Or yam. Or whatever that was. And nothing says “viral” like eating raw vegetables. Or starch? I don’t know what the hell that thing is.

What I’m trying to say is my casserole was a bust at dinner. My family took a couple bites after I begged them, but I wound up taking that whole damn tray back home. My sister confided it was the “presentation” of the meal that might have discouraged people from digging in. She discouraged me from bringing tin foil platters to future potlucks. I also know my family has never really had “sweet potato casserole” before and they’re not really the type to just “try new things” on whim.

But I haven’t given up. I WILL be making my sweet potato casserole again this year and I WILL improve the presentation. I’ve already purchased some beautiful glassware to improve my presentation.

In addition, I will be bringing another new dish for my family! Instead of feeling discouraged by my family’s resistance to new foods, I welcome the challenge.

My friends,

I bring to you…

Luscious Four Layer Pumpkin Cake!

(video here.)

You can find the full recipe at Kraft Foods!

1.) Share a favorite Thanksgiving Recipe.
2.) We’re going around the table and it’s your turn to share what you are thankful for…go!
3.) Tell us about a favorite Thanksgiving tradition.
4.) Picture time! Show us what Fall is looking like in your neck of the woods!
5.) Black Friday shopping…

Comments

I have had some spectacular wins and some spectacular fails surrounding Thanksgiving. This year, I’m giving it up to the pros… heading to a fancy hotel. Let us know how that delish cake went over with your family. They’d be fools to ignore it.

Who scoffs at a dish because of the tin pan?? Certainly no one in my family. As my mom would say, “does this look like the a** of a woman who is afraid to try new foods?” I say bring on the sweet potato casserole AND the pumpkin cake. What time should I show up for dinner? :)

Oh my gosh I have never heard that saying before, but I will never forget it. SO funny and SO true!! Hahaha! Yes, I definitely don’t have an ass that is afraid to try new foods…tin foil pan be damned!

My only concern is that the recipe DID say “eat immediately” and not “create a video, refrigerate overnight, wait a day, and THEN serve”…soooo….I mean at least it’s still pretty. :)

oh dear! Two of the three pies I’m bringing today are in foil pans because a. I’ve never owned more than two pie plates b. One of those broke earlier this year and I didn’t replace it and c. After making pumpkin and apple, I decided we simply MUST have chocolate chess too!

Happy Thanksgiving!

FOIL PANS!?! Have you learned nothing in life!?! ;)

I have a feeling you can serve pie in anything and the people will still come to eat it.

When I cracked open that tub of Cool Whip my girls both asked for a bowl to eat on their own. Sounds like they would fit in perfectly with your family! ;)

Dang it! Where was this recipe yesterday when I could’ve gone out and gotten all of the ingredients? Sigh…I guess I’ll just bring over my bottle of water and eat whatever’s put before me. btw it looks scrumptious!

Yams? *screwing my face up like a 4 year old who has just come face-to-face with a bowl of brussel sprouts.* Ewwww!! Your pumpkin cake however looks *divine*.

That looks awesome!!! I really loved how when your daughter started up the mixer you could see the smallest amount of fear in your eyes! Lol I do the same thing when I cook with my daughter because I want to let her help, but the minute she goes to add something or mix something I get a small panic attack… hehe

I don’t think I’d be able to cut apart those layers right so mine would just be a two layer cake but wow it looks delicious. Love your kitchen set up too ;)

Since I’m reading this post Thanksgiving all I can think is how I may never eat again I’m so full. Hope you had a great Thanksgiving!