Let’s Give Thanks?

November 25, 2012 · 11 comments

Post image for Let’s Give Thanks?

Thanksgiving morning I broke into my usual cheerful jingle “LET’S give thanks for allourblesssings for allourblessings for allourblesssings for LET’S givethanks for allourblessings. Lets. Give. Thaaaanks.”

And Kainoa was all, “I DON’T WANNA SING DAT SONG!”

And Maile just laid there watching the Macy’s Parade.

And Laina was all, “Mom? What’s your least favorite holiday??”

And I knew exactly what she was thinking and why she was asking that question, so I said, “Thanksgiving is my least favorite! Because you don’t get ANY presents!!!”

And all three kids gave a collective, “OMG RIGHT!?!?!”

I called my sister to tell her about these funny, greedy little creatures I’m raising and she answered the phone by singing a familiar cheerful jingle, “LET’S give thanks for allourblesssings for allourblessings for allourblesssings for LET’S give thanks for allourblessings for Lets. Give. Thaaaanks.”

Honestly I’m not sure why we ever moved away from each other.

Tracy P. November 26, 2012 at 5:30 am

Ha, and history will repeat itself among your girls in 20 years, give or take. They will laugh together and then at the same moment the horror will come over both of them that they’ve turned into their mother, and then they will laugh again because really, they could have turned into somebody a whole lot worse and it is what it is. :-)

Mama Kat November 26, 2012 at 7:59 pm

Haha! Yes I can think of way worse for them then turning into their mother. They could turn into their father and then we’d all be in trouble. ;)

Charlene Ross November 26, 2012 at 6:11 am

Hysterical! (And seriously – what kind of ganked up holiday makes you be thankful when you don’t even get anything?! ) Hahahaha!

BTW – I can’t wait until next Thanksgiving so I can start singing that song! (Oh how my children love it when I sing!)

Mama Kat November 26, 2012 at 8:00 pm

I think everyone should make more of an effort to use the word “ganked” in comments. It’s exactly what this world needs.

Julia November 26, 2012 at 9:51 am

I love the song. Maybe that’s what Thanksgiving needs a bit more commercialization, I think your jingle could be the start of something. lol!

Mama Kat November 26, 2012 at 8:01 pm

You’re probably right…I need to copyright it and start selling cds immediately!

Jen November 26, 2012 at 11:14 am

Is there a recording out there of that song b/c I am gonna need to have it.

Mama Kat November 26, 2012 at 8:02 pm

That sounds like a terrific 2013 Thanksgiving vlog prompt! Remind me in a year mkay!?!

Chris Carter November 26, 2012 at 11:52 am

HA! I soooo get the sister connection. It ROCKS. And so cute- I wish I knew that Thanksgiving tune! ;)

Mama Kat November 26, 2012 at 8:02 pm

I just laughed and also harmonized when she didn’t bother saying “hello”, but instead broke into the exact same song I had been singing minutes earlier. Sisters are the best.

Miriam Gomberg November 26, 2012 at 10:10 pm

Hmm… doesn’t sound like the kids are considering the possible booty they will get from Black Friday shopping the next day. It’s all about framing ;)