Writer’s Workshop: Christmas Card Share

2.) Christmas card share! Show us the card you sent out to family and friends this year.

Merry Christmas!

This year our Christmas card had plenty of happy kids, last years snow, and no adults or pets. Just the way I like. However, a few people mentioned they actually prefer Christmas cards WITH parents present. What do you think?

1.) A year in review! Compile a years worth of your best blog posts and pictures.
3.) Score! What gift is your child most excited about receiving this year?
4.) After the holidays I call for a nation wide parent vacation…where would you choose to go?
5.) Share a favorite holiday inspired recipe!

Comments

I wonder if I should have included some pictures of my chickens. They have been such a wonderful source of denial. Sigh. What a year.

So cute. I tried to get a cute Christmas-card-worthy pic of my boy by the Christmas tree. He just kept trying to chew on the lights. Crossing fingers for better luck next year :)

This year we added the adults. Every year people complained that I was not in the picture, so this year we did something a little different. I love your card though. Sometimes you just want it to be all about the kids.

And who likes their picture getting taken? really.

Cute! I can understand single friends or those without kids would like to see the parents in pics as well as the cute kiddos. But I’m not complaining!

Love the card. In 22 yrs of Christmas as a parent, I have included adults one time. Once. Christmas should be about beauty is what I am thinking.

We always send just kids cards. But here, that also usually includes the dog mauling their faces or humping one of their legs. People probably hate us.

The kids are the ones that change each year, I figure that’s who people need to see in the xmas cards. If they want to see me they can look at any photo from the past 10 years and have a pretty good idea ;).

Your card is perfect!!! I love it. I do like the adults in the card but it is not a deal breaker lol I am just pleased to get mail that is not a bill!!!!

Cheers to you and yours Mama Kat!! Love your promts…keep up the good work!!

Adorable card! I try not to send out Christmas cards and I am successful most years. I don’t care if parents are in it or not. I suppose that’s because I know that in order to get pictures of my kids, I’m usually behind the camera not in front, which is perfectly fine by me!! Merry Christmas!

Your card is adorable! I do actually like cards with parents because I not only like to see how my friends’ kids are growing and changing – I like to see how well or poorly my friends are aging!!! LOL. But seriously, I do like the full family shot.

Trackbacks