Merry Almost Christmas!

December 20, 2012 · 13 comments

Post image for Merry Almost Christmas!

My kids can officially out draw me…not that this is any incredible talent they’ve been gifted with, I’m mostly just interested in ranking my own skills. It would appear my artistic ability stopped progressing at the age of six (probably some kind of traumatic drawing experience? blacked out the memory?), while both my daughters (7 and 9 now) have managed to continue progressing at a normal child level.

Okay that’s a lie, it’s clear they’re prodigies.

I might consider hiring them to update this section of my site from now on, “Hey Maile, here’s a dollar…can you draw me a picture of a Kainoa crying with candy dripping out of his mouth??”

Today I’ll let their wintery holiday pictures wish you a Merry Almost Christmas.

And now that I’ve actually done something with those drawings I can go throw them away. See how that works right there?

Jamie December 21, 2012 at 9:20 am

Your kids are the new Oatmeal.

One Funny Motha December 21, 2012 at 9:21 am

Man, those are good. Clearly, your children are destined for greatness.

I’m totally thinking about making my 11 y.o. write my blog. It would make my life so much easier.

Amy @ drivethirtythree December 21, 2012 at 11:49 am

thank you for the reminder to take pictures of my son’s latest creations so i can toss them! :)

Arnebya December 21, 2012 at 11:56 am

I REALLY like Laina’s and um, is this creepy/weird (doesn’t matter, gonna say it anyway) I want to print and color Maile’s. (Yes, I mean IIIII want to color it. With MY crayons. That I’ve hidden from the Crayola breaking heathens.)

Mama Kat December 21, 2012 at 12:09 pm

Aren’t they good!?! I *think* they were watching a how to draw show on TV because I seriously have no idea where they got this stuff.

Untypically Jia December 21, 2012 at 4:58 pm

Okay seriously, that last one looks like genuine art. Like the kind you’d buy. Heck, I’d probably buy a print of it! It’s very unique!

Julia December 21, 2012 at 4:59 pm

I’m fairly certain that it wouldn’t take much artistic skill for my 2 year old to out do me.

Miriam Gomberg December 22, 2012 at 7:49 am

Your kids art is fabulous! When I was that age, my parents professionally framed a couple of my drawings/paintings. In turn, I did the same for my 2 kids. Now that they are not little anymore (14,21) these pieces are happy reminders of their childhood.

Just a suggestion. Happy holidays to you.

Hope December 22, 2012 at 9:25 am

Your kids are very talented. What a great way to preserve their artwork without all the clutter.

Chris Carter December 22, 2012 at 5:08 pm

Just make sure you hide the papers deep down in the trash, because I’m sure you too have had the “MOM!!! YOU THREW MY ART OUT!!!” moment. Awesome pictures! Seriously good. :)

Holly from 300 Pounds Down December 23, 2012 at 6:01 am

Wow. I’m kind of amazed at the talent here. And this is a pretty nifty way to preserve it and still get to toss it. That is so hard to do! But eventually you end up drowning in papers so we have to at some point!

K A B L O O E Y December 25, 2012 at 7:37 pm

Maile’s kinda killing me: I love the black background in the first and the tree and mittens hanging from the stick arms in the last. And the jaunty scarf. And the slash of a shadow. Wow, she’s got a confident hand. Laina’s would look great as a poster. Love the bold colors.

ElizOF January 2, 2013 at 8:59 pm

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you & your family… belated but never too late. :-)
Eliz