Writer’s Workshop: Santa Through The Years

1.) Have you made a visit to the North Pole yet? Share your Santa pictures!

I would never pass up an opportunity to share my annual Santa through the years in pictures. This year we met Santa in the Winter Wonderland of Seattle and enjoyed carousel rides, mini donuts, and hot cocoa afterwards.

Just think, in ten years you’ll have approximately 4,500 of our family Santa photos to scroll through!

Can’t wait.

2009

Christmas 2010

2010

santa2011

Christmas 2012

2012

1.) Have you made a visit to the North Pole yet? Share your Santa pictures!
2.) Share a favorite Christmas memory.
3.) What cookies are you leaving for the big guy?
4.) Put together and share a fun holiday outfit you’d like to wear if you had somewhere to wear it.
5.) List the top 9 things that bring you joy.

Comments

I am loving 2008!!! What a fun prompt!! :) I was too lazy to dig all of ours up so settled for a different prompt. After seeing yours I may have to dig all of them up, as if I don’t have a million other things to do!

Is it wrong of me to admit that I love photos of Santa where at least one child is screaming and/or crying?

Seriously, I do love Santa photos, and didn’t get nearly enough of my kids with him when they were growing up :(

Somewhere I lost track of visiting Santa… I think it was when we moved down here and would have had to stand in line for two hours then mortgage the house to pay for Santa pictures. I was all over the free one at the library up north!

This? Is what parenting is all about. Stockpiling blackmail material for the rehearsal dinner slideshows before their weddings.

Sitting here, I’m thinking that I’ve never taken my children to see Santa. My oldest never wanted to go — so we never got into the tradition. And as a child, I always dreaded it like going to the dentist. But we do have a tradition in our small town that after the Christmas parade, Santa and Mrs. Claus, get out of their red Cadillac and then the kids sit on his lap. My youngest two have done that many times. Whew. Now I don’t feel like like such a mama failure.

2005 & 2008 are the best. My son has maybe 5 pics with Santa then he was all heck to the no I am not sitting with that scary man.

I love seeing the progression of Santa photos! I especially like your sons varied faces. LOL! I’m so happy you kept the crying ones, as well as, the happy ones. You and your kids will have so much fun looking back at these!