Vlogging Workshop: Trim Up The Tree

December 4, 2012 · 11 comments

Post image for Vlogging Workshop: Trim Up The Tree

Welcome to this week’s pretty much world famous Vlogging Workshop powered by MomPulse! Today’s prompts are:

1.) It’s December! Decorate your Christmas tree and share your favorite or most memorable ornaments!
2.) Shoe fashion show…show off your favorite shoes.
3.) Are there more babies in your future? How do you know when you’re done?
4.) Pick up your Ipod or phone or whatever stores your music and press shuffle…what comes up first? Tell us about that song choice.
5.) Capture the best part of your weekend on video and share it with us.

Choose one, create a video, and link up!

Trim up the tree! This week I’m sharing our tree hunting scavenger hunt and my favorite Christmas ornaments. What I learned from this Christmas Tree adventure is:

1. My kids don’t like my singing.
2. My husband would prefer me to help him with the tree as opposed to video taping him putting up the tree.
3. That’s all:

(video here)

Today I’m featuring Jenni from Mommy NaniBooBoo! Last week she shared a job she had as a teenager that I’m willing to bet NONE of us have experienced in our lifetime. Modeling in Japan? Mmhmm didn’t think so. Take a look:

(video here)

Be sure to check out Mommy NaniBooBoo’s Channel on YouTube and subscribe!

• Remember to comment on and/or subscribe to the three videos ahead of yours.
  • You can subscribe to this weekly newsletter if you’d like the vlog prompts delivered to your inbox on Tuesdays.
  • Check out the MomPulse channel featuring all of our videos in each link up for additional support.

Scroll to the bottom of this post for next week’s vlogging prompts.

Get a jump start on next week’s video! Here are the prompts for the Wednesday 12/12 Link up:

1.) There are so many awesome DIY Christmas crafts. Choose one and vlog your creation! (inspired by Jenny on the Spot)
2.) Show us the most problematic area of your house? (inspired by The Mama Mary Show)
3.) If you could get away for a kid free vacation, where would you go? (inspired by The Go-To Mom)
4.) What are three things everyone should know about you?
5.) If you could do your wedding over, how would you do it?

Mama Mary December 4, 2012 at 11:16 pm

Jenni’s modeling is mighty impressive as is your tree. Your singing? Not so much. Oh, and damn you and your fun prompts that made me cry this week! xoxo

Jen December 5, 2012 at 5:19 am

Your tree is awesome. It’s a lot of work putting up the tree but seeing all those ornaments and memories… totally worth it.

Also, did Pat suggest you sing something from Taylor Swift at the end… he knows. ;-)

DGMommy (Tamara) December 5, 2012 at 8:08 am

It took 2 hours for my less than 4-minute video to load on YouTube! Yikes! Oh well, it’s worth it! Just like tree shopping with the fam! My kids frequently ask me to stop singing too…

Weekend Cowgirl December 5, 2012 at 9:24 am

Beautiful tree! Loving this time of year…

Stacey December 5, 2012 at 12:04 pm

Beautiful tree! I gave up on live trees years ago, though. I’m notorious for killing living things. Except for my children. Somehow they are still alive.

Erin white December 5, 2012 at 12:37 pm

Uhhgg… You made me cry! Just the words grandma and Christmas make me cry… She was so important to everything Christmas growing up..I sear she made it so special so we could never forget her…. Glad you have great memories of your grandmother :)

Gigi December 5, 2012 at 4:16 pm

I *may* have teared up a tiny bit over Grandma and her ornaments.

Although lately, we have gone the fake tree route, as of this year I have declared my husband in charge of putting it up (not the ornaments, GOD NO!) because for some reason, whenever he puts it up, all the lights work. Whenever I put it up – those @*$#!(^ lights NEVER work.

Mimi December 5, 2012 at 7:42 pm

Wow, that’s a massive tree! I love it! And those sweet angels, what loving reminders of your grandma! And Jenni’s exercise poses were awesome!! =)

Jamie December 5, 2012 at 9:07 pm

Even though you were talking about something totally serious, I couldn’t help but smile because it’s so hard for me to watch you talk about serious things. :) My kids pick out ornments every year and it’s fun to think back about when each ornament was bought, as we decorate our tree.

Jennifer December 6, 2012 at 11:10 am

Timber…. That’s awesome. We always had a live tree, or one that we had killed, when I was growing up, but we do fake now. Less pine needles and sap.