It’s Brittany B*tch

Maile: Mom? Who sings that song about Scream and Shout?

brittany bitch3

Me: Brittany Spears and Will. I. Am.

brittany bitch4

Maile: Can you play it?

brittany bitch5

Me: No, I don’t have that one on my phone and there’s a bad word in it anyway so I’m not excited about you singing it.

brittany bitch6

Maile: I know what the bad word is. Brittany bitch. My friend told me bitch is a bad word. Is that right Mom? Is bitch the bad word Mom?

brittany bitch7

Me: Yes, now that’s enough, it really isn’t a nice word to be saying.

brittany bitch8

Maile: …Well I like that word.

brittany bitch9

Laina: I THOUGHT SHE WAS SAYING PITCH!

brittany bitch10

brittany bitch12

Comments

Does that make Will the catcher?

My husband recently started taking song requests from our girls in the car & we really need to work on their taste too. I cannot hear Gangnam Style or Call Me Maybe again.
    Tortured in Indiana.

2. Jennifer says

We had to stop listening to that song in the car with my 2 year old. It was on one day and he asked me “Mom, what b*tch?” And I was all, “hey, LOOK at that cool truck!” I was so mad because for a while when the song came on the radio, it said Britney, Britney, instead of cursing, then all of a sudden it was Britney, b*tch. WHY?!?!?

I thought that was all she said until I watched the music video. Thank you for providing it.
    It’s a shame because it’s not necessary. There is another song by Pink and I wish I could recall the lyrics oh no wait, Bruno Mars! Locked out of Heaven, what a catchy tune. You’re rocking along and then he’s talking about “your sex takes me to paradise.” Really dude? I can’t have my 4 year old or 6 year old singing that either!

My 9 yr old asked me why she says it, “is there a clean version?” I had to laugh. My husband gets them regular radio music but sometimes gets the uncut version and doesn’t know it until the bitches start flying.

I am proud to say that my children know all the bad words thanks to their trash-talking mom. It’s really coming back to bite me in the you-know-what (see how I’m editing myself now?) Yesterday they were in the car quizzing each other on whether they knew what the “middle finger word” is. Two of the three didn’t! I’m doing such a great job with them.

Love it. My poor son know more cuss words then he should cause Mamma talks like her Grandma. The sailor just comes out in me and then I realize their are children in the room. Whoops my bad ;)

Too funny! We sing this song in the car and I turn the volume down when she says bitch. I kind of get shocked at what can be played on the radio and what they bleep out. My kids go around singing the bleeped versions of songs it’s so weird–like the Thrift Store song they sing “this is mmm-ing awesome” and they have no idea what it really says. It’s so hella-wrong!

Ha. Okay so after I read this I watched the scream and shot YouTube and then a few more Britney videos since I was there anyone and the songs have been stuck in my head all day long!!

On the local radio here, it says “Britney Britney,” so I didn’t even know it said B!tch until I downloaded it for my daughter’s 7th birthday party this weekend. Oops.

This makes me laugh. We can’t listen to the radio anymore without the bad words coming out. I’m glad my kiddos are a little older (8, 10 and 13) and know the difference. Although, my 13 year old is the one who always is in Laina’s shoes. Thankfully.

This is too funny. I’d actually never listened to this song. Pretty catchy. I have a potty mouth and I honestly haven’t ever censored songs when I’m listening to them. For the most part though, my 11 year old and 7 year old don’t cuss during the songs. They’re not shocked to hear the bad word and so I believe in a way, that takes the ‘wow’ factor from cussing. I could be wrong. My 6th grader may go to school around friends and curse worse than Eminem. The “Pitch” part is cute. lol