All Over My Mirror

I spent an hour scrubbing all of the mirrors in the house. We have a lot of them because I don’t like to walk more than 4 steps without smiling at my reflection.

So imagine my disdain as I prepared a shower for myself and noticed what looked like the faint, dirty fingerprints of three guilty children ALL OVER my mirror.

I grumbled something about how pointless it is to clean ANYTHING in this place when those 30 little fingers are following behind me messing everything up again.

When I got out of the shower I stared at their graffiti as the steam settled into place and made the words visible to me. Various versions of “I love Mom” were scribbled in every corner.

I mean…maybe they’re not SO bad.

Comments

Aw, that’s cute! Oh, by the way, I watched your March Madness basketball tip video. I give you credit for shooting hoops in a coat–not easy! I think you need to practice your layups though. I noticed you didn’t even attempt to demonstrate doing it from the left side. Great job getting around your three tough opponents!

that is really sweet and cute! or….are they just doing it because they know you can’t get mad at the dirty mirrors with an “i love mom” statement thrown in? :)

Probably! Smart little cookies…I can never discipline them so long as they’re complimenting me in some way.

So typical of kids to do something that drives us crazy but then not be able to get mad at them for it. I swear they are smarter than we give them credit for.

Awwww :) Just like when you’re busy or on the phone and they’re like, “Mom. Mom. MOM! Moooommy! Mom! MOOOOM!…” “WHAT?!!!” “I love you.” Never do I feel more loved, more ashamed…and more irritated than in those moments.

Oh, those little fingerprints…
    Mine don’t write quite yet, but they do sometimes get a hold of the dry erase marker and leave me pictures on the mirrors.