Vlogging Workshop: Teacup Bird Feeder

April 30, 2013 · 16 comments

Post image for Vlogging Workshop: Teacup Bird Feeder

Welcome to this week’s practically famous Vlogging Workshop! Today’s prompts are:

1.) April Favorites! Talk about your favorite finds and purchases for the month of April.
2.) Movie Review.
3.) Show us your hidden talent!
4.) Create a video inspired by something you pinned on Pinterest.
5.) 5 Things your kids do that drive you crazy.

Choose one, create a video, and link up!

Today I’m sharing a teacup bird feeder project I worked on with my boy after seeing it on Pinterest. It was a great opportunity to talk to him about the birds and the bees, the importance of working hard, and how to deal with life’s blows. Watch our bonding time here and find out if our feeders were a Pinterest success or a Pinterest fail!:

(video here)

This week I’m featuring Hailesue17 from Hailesue17′s Wolf Pack. She shared a DIY Wooden Letter Craft tutorial that she’ll be using on the nursery of their new home. It’s a great way to personalize baby’s room with the exact color scheme you’re using:

(video here)

Be sure to check out Hailesue17′s YouTube Channel and give her a new subscriber!

• Add your video answering one of this week’s prompts to the list below.
  • Remember to comment on and/or subscribe to at least three videos ahead of yours.
  • You can subscribe to this weekly newsletter if you’d like the vlog prompts delivered to your inbox on Tuesdays.

Scroll to the bottom of this post for next week’s vlogging prompts.

Get a jump start on next week’s video! Here are the prompts next Wednesday’s Link up:

1.) Tell us about something that scared you.
2.) What is something you keep putting off?
3.) Share your favorite fashion trend this Spring.
4.) What are babies really thinking? (inspired by Jen from Buried with Children)
5.) What advice would you offer a teen mom?

Karen and Gerard May 1, 2013 at 1:21 am

I’m surprised those teacups were successful–congrats on some cute bird feeders there. Hope the birds do not poop all over your porch now.

Kat May 1, 2013 at 3:10 pm

Yeah do you like how I was lecturing him on NOT cutting corners as I was using tape to hang a tea cup by a string? Haha! Nice mom.

Jenny May 1, 2013 at 8:06 am

Those are so cute. Your birds and the bees talk was awesome ;)

Kat May 1, 2013 at 3:11 pm

He seems to know all he needs to know!

Jen May 1, 2013 at 9:37 am

I love the look he gives you when you are talking… I get that same look.

Kat May 1, 2013 at 3:11 pm

All is fair in love and war though…I give them the same look when they’re talking. ;)

Darcy May 1, 2013 at 12:05 pm

S..E….LL haha loved that. Also those are cute birdfeeders.

Kat May 1, 2013 at 3:12 pm

Haha! Not that it matters…he can’t spell.

Marta May 1, 2013 at 3:22 pm

Those are adorable and you’re too crafty – you’re making me look bad!

Jenn May 1, 2013 at 8:28 pm

Brilliant. I’ve been on a hunt for “stuff to build” for both of my youngins, especially for summer break.

Anything to keep them away from ipads!!!!!

They both started developing myopia two years ago. Through a friend of a friend connected with Alex & the Frauenfeld Clinic. He helped get my kids back from -1.50 glasses to 20/20 – with the caveat that I have to limit the amount of time they spend up-close.

So now whenever it’s school break time, I can’t just let them play computer games. It’s so easy to run out of activities, when all their peers are living on Facebook and the cursed multi player games on Apple’s platform. Argh.

The bird feeder should keep them occupied for quite a while. Thanks for that idea!!!

(And if your kids get myopic, look up Frauenfeld Clinic on Google. Priceless, Alex’ eye health insights!)

Miriam Gomberg May 1, 2013 at 9:07 pm

Very cool craft. Especially for those of us who are glue gun challenged.

Sandee Harned May 2, 2013 at 8:21 am

Super cute!

Nicole @ When Did I Become My Mom May 2, 2013 at 3:40 pm

I love your teacup birdfeeder! And how long exactly have I been gone?! Look how big he grown! Enough exclamation points now. :/

Jenn @ Coolest Family on the Block May 5, 2013 at 9:33 am

I was so excited when I saw the little birdie eating the birdseed (I apparently and easily excited), I think it’s because I was expecting it to come crashing to the ground (so I apparently have no faith in your…or at least not in the tape).
We used to have a birdfeeder in our yard, things got crazy and birds started coming from everywhere and it looked like a Hitchcock movie in our yard…we ran out of a giant bag of seed in less than a week! That was the end of that.

Tracy P. June 5, 2013 at 6:22 am

This just made my day. Hope all those birds you attract don’t bite him. I need to tell you that my 13-year-old’s hair still looks exactly like that. :-)