My Five Best Parenting Tips

The more I think about it, the more I’m certain my husband and I should co-write a book on our best parenting tips. We seem to do everything right. Just last week my son called me a CRY DIAPER and I was all, “Son your tone is impolite and the insult makes no sense. Please go to your room until you can think of something a little more cutting.”

When I asked my husband how to get our rambunctious boy to treat me with more respect, I quickly jotted down his helpful advice to “stop hugging him so much”.

Brilliant!

On SheKnows Mommalogues I was recently asked to share my own five best parenting tips and I have to say, if you’re not accomplishing at least three of my five tips then you’re doing it wrong:

(video here)\

If I can help even just one parent out there…I’m doing something right.

Comments

You never fail to make me laugh out loud! Be RICH! Love it! Oh my goodness, I wish I could be your neighbor! But I do have to say, I love my mini van! :-) Great parenting tips!
    My tips – I think I have to steal Be Rich and Hire a Nanny. And I am just not as funny as you, so I’ll just say, invest in good bathroom door locks!

Bathroom door locks is a great one! My kids can jimmy every door in this house. Like the locked door was just a small discouragement they can ignore if they’d like to.

Sounds like it’s time for a move to the PNW! Come on over!!

Bathroom locks are a serious priority. Then again, the kids just bang on the door which is even more awkward. Husband: “why are the kids screaming?” Me (from inside the bathroom): “I’m in the bathroom!!” Husband: “Still?!”
      Kids: (continue banging and yelling)
      I swear they are both independent as can be until I need to go pee. That’s when they suddenly can’t live without me

Be rich, hire multiple nannies, hire a cook – does take out count?, hire a cleaner, nice car. Got it! All gathered with 3 kids screaming and laughing in the background in competition with your voice.

That is exactly how I had planned to parent when I was a child. Being rich and having hired help was a priority. Alas, we’ve failed at #1 making all of the rest impossible :(

My parenting tips:
    1. Early bedtime
    2. Live near grandma (we’re only a block away!)
    3. Hide emergency chocolate everywhere
    4. Cry louder than your children
    5. Start a blog

4. Ben says

one word “charming” this was summited by children’s book author Ben Boyd writer of The Adventures of Kid Humpty Dumpty available on amazon and for kindle now go to your rooms and thank about that