Why I’m Losing It

June 23, 2013 · 11 comments

Post image for Why I’m Losing It

Conversations like these with my kids ongoing daily, hourly, constantly…are exactly why I’m losing it:

Son: Mom can you tell me how to spell ‘open’, but don’t spell it?

Me: Ummmm….

Son: *waiting*

Me: O-P-E-N?

Son: NOOOO DON’T SPELL IT!!!

Me: Ummmmm….

Son: A?

Me: Well I just told you all the letters.

Son: B?

Me: Why are we doing this?

Son: C?

Me: No.

Son: D?

Me: No.

Son: …E..F…G…H…I…J…K…L…M…N….

Me: No…no…no…no…no…no…no…no…no…no…no

Son: O?

Me: Yes.

Son: P?

Me: Yes.

Son: Q…R…S…T…U…V…W…X…Y…Z?

Me: no…no…no…no…no…no…no…no…no…no…

Son: WHAT!?! I went through all da letters of da alphabet!! YOU DON’T EVEN KNOW HOW TO SPELL OPEN!

Me: Why are we doing this?

Untitled

Southern Angel June 24, 2013 at 4:00 am

To succeed in being able to declare you mentally incompetent when he is older and drawing a check on you. Boys are way worse than girls. I have 3 of them I should know..

Kat M June 24, 2013 at 6:22 am

You’re very patient; I probably would have lost my shit by the time he got to “f”. Of course, my kids are older than yours so I’m further down the road to insanity than you are…..

Darcy June 24, 2013 at 6:34 am

I feel for you. The convos with Rissa are a bit different but just as frustrating.

Jenny June 24, 2013 at 6:37 am

Ha yes I think that would make me lose it as well ;)

Andrea June 24, 2013 at 6:50 am

Yes, yes. Here’s what that looks like at my house:

“Mom. Mom.”
“Yes?”
“Um, sorry to bother you, but… how do you like this picture that I drew?”
“I love it.”

*Repeat conversation every ten minutes for the rest of the day*

I will meet you in the psych ward. I’ll be wearing earmuffs.

Jen June 24, 2013 at 9:24 am

I do believe that I have lived something similar. Oh yes, yes I have.

Mo @ The Baby Is Fine June 24, 2013 at 10:58 am

So you’re telling me this nonsense is never going to get better? My son (almost 19 months) has a fun routine where he wants me to sing a song, but can’t/won’t tell me which one…so I start singing and he’ll say “noooooo!” in the saddest voice as if I’ve insulted his very soul. Then I have to try again. And again. And again….

Gigi June 24, 2013 at 2:46 pm

*stifling giggles* I feel *snort* your pain *giggle.*

Jessica June 24, 2013 at 6:21 pm

Oh what fun! My son (4.5yrs) just started asking me to spell words. And then he puts random letters together and asks me what they spell. I see I have many years of these kind of games ahead of me. :)

Erin white June 24, 2013 at 10:22 pm