A Questionable Note

August 11, 2013 · 16 comments

Post image for A Questionable Note

I found a quesitonable note in the trash over the weekend that left me feeling quite perplexed. Where had me daughter learned the word “screwed”? What context was she using this word? Was this line copied out of a book she’s reading? Should I be pre-reading the Wimpy Kid series before I hand them over to her?

And who was Puggles?:

The comments were nearly as entertaining as the note:

questionable note

questionable note2

And there you have it.

A toy doctor.

Phew!

Southern Angel August 12, 2013 at 3:02 am

Well that is a LOT better reason than all the ones that were going through your head..

Kat August 13, 2013 at 7:11 am

Yes! I think we have a few years of innocence left in that one!

Life with Kaishon August 12, 2013 at 6:35 am

Oh my gosh! HILARIOUS! : )
Absolutely hilarious!

Chris Carter August 12, 2013 at 7:00 am

That is just SO funny!!! Breathing a sigh of relief for you!!! :)

JulieK August 12, 2013 at 10:41 am

funniest thing ever. I’d have been scared too and would’ve probably turned into the Inquisition trying to figure it out :)

Kat August 13, 2013 at 7:12 am

I had to be careful to ask very nonchalantly because I didn’t want to draw any attention to the fact the note could mean something very different!

JulieK August 13, 2013 at 7:35 am

I need to take a lesson from you then, b/c I have NO POKER FACE! LOL :) (and I jump to conclusions so easily too!)

Jessica T August 12, 2013 at 10:46 am

Ha! I forgot to check back on ig and see if you figured it out!! Kids are great!

Gigi August 12, 2013 at 2:38 pm

As I was reading this I was thinking “Puggles? That rings a bell”

I like her explanation much better though – because the Puggles I was thinking about is a fictional character on another blog I follow and he doesn’t seem to be a nice one.

Gotta love those kiddos – their imaginations are vast and the perception of the world is so innocent and literal.

Andrea August 12, 2013 at 2:51 pm

Nine times out of ten when kids say or do something that causes us to think they have grown up too fast, we find out that their language/behavior/inappropriate laughing is either a coincidence or pure innocence. And then they turn twelve.

Kat August 13, 2013 at 7:14 am

Yes! I’ve learned I shouldn’t ever jump to conclusions with them because right now any kind of inappropriate language is usually unintentional. (12 is just around the corner though) ;)

Laurie Fessler August 12, 2013 at 7:00 pm

Hi Kat,
I would have been research the best child shrink in my area. You are way cooler than me. Loved it!!

Mary @ Brown, Party of Chaos August 12, 2013 at 9:50 pm

This made my heart stop, and then, I laughed. LOVE IT> :)

Kat August 13, 2013 at 7:17 am

Which is EXACTLY how I felt…while taking the time to Instagram it. lol

Marta August 13, 2013 at 2:47 pm

Omg the reasoning is brilliant. I would have been very considered otherwise about who was screwing who and why someone was laying on someone’s lap!

Jamie@SouthMainMuse August 13, 2013 at 3:36 pm

Whew. I remember the first time I tried to use the word “balls” with my mom. As in that takes balls. Well, I knew enough that it meant courage somewhat but that’s about all I had figured out. I in no way connected to anatomy. Well, my mom’s reaction let me know that there was something more to this “balls” word than I surmised.