Writer’s Workshop: Time To Flee The Country

March 26, 2014 · 21 comments

Post image for Writer’s Workshop: Time To Flee The Country

4.) A blog post inspired by the word: passport

Me: We’re missing Kainoa’s social security card and your passport in our fire protected safe…I’d really like those items found and come to think of it, I’d really like all of the kids to have passports…

Pat: why?

Me: I don’t know…in case we need to flee the country or something.

Pat: (insert laughter)

Me: What? What? Why are you laughing?

Pat: Flee the country? Do you think China is going to invade us and take over?

Me: It could happen.

Pat: (insert laughter)

rainier2

Me: Or maybe Ellen DeGeneres could call and be like “we love you and we want to send your entire family to Paris tomorrow!!!”

Pat: Then you tell Ellen we need time to get passports for our kids.

Me: Well that would just take the thrill out of the whole surprise now wouldn’t it?

Pat: Look, I could understand if you said you wanted to drive over to Canada for a weekend with the kids, but flee the country? Ellen DeGeneres? You’re out of your mind.

Me: I’m just saying, you never know what could happen and you’re going to be mighty happy I’ve got all of our passports ready when the time to flee the country DOES come. We’ll see who has the last laugh on this one!

rainier

Come on Ellen…don’t fail me now…

1.) Tell us about your middle name.
2.) Your least favorite job you’ve ever had.
3.) What countries have you traveled to?
4.) A blog post inspired by the word: passport
5.) Signs of spring in your neighborhood!

kelley March 27, 2014 at 12:09 am

I can see why you’d want passports available–what with dictators invading neighboring countries all around the world. You never know what Canada or Mexico will do :D

May March 27, 2014 at 4:16 am

I know it seems like Ellen has been deaf to your pleas in the past, but I think you are right. She is just waiting for the right moment to call and spring the Paris plan on you!

Dominique Goh March 27, 2014 at 5:03 am

I too am looking for a vacation. I’ve just got all the kids passports updated :)

Kyliegh Kite March 27, 2014 at 6:44 am

You know I had never thought of that but it is not a bad idea! I can totally relate to wanting to be prepared!

Betsy March 27, 2014 at 8:23 am

That would be amazing! I have never even thought of getting a passport.

Mamarific March 27, 2014 at 8:46 am

I feel itchy that my kids don’t have passports, too. Need to look into that. Come on, Ellen!

Madeleine March 27, 2014 at 10:15 am

Does Ellen know the opportunity she’s missing here? Surely it’s only a matter of time…

You’ve just reminded me I need to get onto renewing my kids’ passports. My 4-year-old’s passport photo was taken when she was 3 weeks old. Kinda unrecognisable.

Tracy P. March 27, 2014 at 10:50 am

Dang! Why would you need to leave the country when you are sledding in the alps???

Tina March 27, 2014 at 4:20 pm

I am with you–you never know when you will have to flee the country!

Kat March 27, 2014 at 7:50 pm

Thank you! Better to be prepared for invasion at all times.

carol March 27, 2014 at 7:19 pm

hahaha! That is too funny! And, you never know when you really will have to flee the country! BTW, where are you sledding? That looks like my neck of the woods.

Kat March 27, 2014 at 7:49 pm

We were at Mt. Rainier National Park! So beautiful!

Muscle Strain Treatment March 27, 2014 at 7:22 pm

It’s a shame you don’t have a donate button! I’d without a doubt donate to
this excellent blog! I guess for now i’ll settle for book-marking and adding your RSS feed
to my Google account. I look forward to fresh updates and
will share this site with my Facebook group. Talk soon!

Miriam Gomberg March 27, 2014 at 10:10 pm

there are days I want to flee the country too. I totally get it.

Lisa @ Atypical Familia March 28, 2014 at 5:18 am

Hahahaaa – Love the conversations between you and your husband! Here’s hoping Ellen comes through for you :)

ผลิตเครื่องสำอาง March 28, 2014 at 12:47 pm

I was suggested this web site by my cousin. I’m not sure whether this post is written by him as no one else
know such detailed about my trouble. You are incredible! Thanks!

Mo March 28, 2014 at 3:19 pm

Lol! I often get a little concerned that we don’t have our passports. You are right. You never know when you will need to flee the country! Seriously.

Martha March 29, 2014 at 6:30 am

Yeah, I agree with the passports. We do passport pictures where I work, and I keep saying I really should get both Tara and I passports… just in case!

what is a linkwheel March 29, 2014 at 8:45 am

I usually do not drop a ton of responses, however i did
some searching and wound up here Writer

Kat M March 29, 2014 at 5:49 pm

Your husband will be falling over himself to apologize for doubting you when we Canadians invade and you have to flee down to Mexico. We’re a tough bunch you know (snort…)

Andrea April 3, 2014 at 9:13 am

If I had my passport and none of my family members did, I’d flee the country while they scrambled to get theirs taken care of. I figure I’d get at least a two-week vacation out of my trouble.