Writer’s Workshop: Time To Flee The Country

4.) A blog post inspired by the word: passport

Me: We’re missing Kainoa’s social security card and your passport in our fire protected safe…I’d really like those items found and come to think of it, I’d really like all of the kids to have passports…

Pat: why?

Me: I don’t know…in case we need to flee the country or something.

Pat: (insert laughter)

Me: What? What? Why are you laughing?

Pat: Flee the country? Do you think China is going to invade us and take over?

Me: It could happen.

Pat: (insert laughter)

rainier2

Me: Or maybe Ellen DeGeneres could call and be like “we love you and we want to send your entire family to Paris tomorrow!!!”

Pat: Then you tell Ellen we need time to get passports for our kids.

Me: Well that would just take the thrill out of the whole surprise now wouldn’t it?

Pat: Look, I could understand if you said you wanted to drive over to Canada for a weekend with the kids, but flee the country? Ellen DeGeneres? You’re out of your mind.

Me: I’m just saying, you never know what could happen and you’re going to be mighty happy I’ve got all of our passports ready when the time to flee the country DOES come. We’ll see who has the last laugh on this one!

rainier

Come on Ellen…don’t fail me now…

1.) Tell us about your middle name.
2.) Your least favorite job you’ve ever had.
3.) What countries have you traveled to?
4.) A blog post inspired by the word: passport
5.) Signs of spring in your neighborhood!

Comments

I can see why you’d want passports available–what with dictators invading neighboring countries all around the world. You never know what Canada or Mexico will do :D

I know it seems like Ellen has been deaf to your pleas in the past, but I think you are right. She is just waiting for the right moment to call and spring the Paris plan on you!

Does Ellen know the opportunity she’s missing here? Surely it’s only a matter of time…

You’ve just reminded me I need to get onto renewing my kids’ passports. My 4-year-old’s passport photo was taken when she was 3 weeks old. Kinda unrecognisable.

hahaha! That is too funny! And, you never know when you really will have to flee the country! BTW, where are you sledding? That looks like my neck of the woods.

It’s a shame you don’t have a donate button! I’d without a doubt donate to
    this excellent blog! I guess for now i’ll settle for book-marking and adding your RSS feed
    to my Google account. I look forward to fresh updates and
    will share this site with my Facebook group. Talk soon!

Lol! I often get a little concerned that we don’t have our passports. You are right. You never know when you will need to flee the country! Seriously.

Yeah, I agree with the passports. We do passport pictures where I work, and I keep saying I really should get both Tara and I passports… just in case!

Your husband will be falling over himself to apologize for doubting you when we Canadians invade and you have to flee down to Mexico. We’re a tough bunch you know (snort…)

If I had my passport and none of my family members did, I’d flee the country while they scrambled to get theirs taken care of. I figure I’d get at least a two-week vacation out of my trouble.