Writer’s Workshop: Got It From Heather Dubrow

5.) List 10 things you love about your favorite show.

The other day my sister saw me pull my son aside and say, “I need you to calm down…take it down a notch buddy. You’re up here…and I need you down here.”

And I was very calm and I did this thing with my hand where it would be up high and then go down low…it represented crazy UP HERE and then down here not so crazy. I needed him down here.

When he wildly ran off she was all, “that’s so funny I say the same thing to my kids and use that exact same hand motion, like it’s time to shut it down…up here is crazy and down here we’re shutting it down. Calm. down.”

“I’m bored with this.”

“I’m done.”

And I was all, “I wonder if I got it from you…” and she was all, “yeah I don’t know, maybe I got it from you.”

And then I looked at her and I was all, “Oh my gosh I think we both got it from Heather Dubrow!”

I didn’t need to say anymore because we’re big fans of the Housewives franchises and she knew exactly what I was talking about.

Heather Dubrow IS the 10 things I love about the Real Housewives! Still.:

heather dubrow calm down
heather dubrow bored with this
heather dubrow juvenile
heather dubrow amused
heather dubrow cerebral

heather dubrow sisterhood

heather shocked2

heather dubrow annoyed

heather dubrow truth

heather dubrow down and dirty

1.) Let’s reminisce about the last trip you took…pictures please!
2.) Ask a parent to describe what you were like as a small child (under the age of 7), do you still have the same tendencies?
3.) Begin with “I wish someone told me…”
4.) Write a poem about a fight you or someone you love has struggled to win.
5.) List 10 things you love about your favorite show.

Comments

Well, I’m probably the only woman in the country who’s never seen that show. Yes, I lead a sheltered life!

I’ve never seen the show in any of their locations. I did, however, see one of the women on a news program when she was talking about a book on dating – is that her?

I love this so much! I’ve got a slight obsession with the housewives too! She’s a favorite, even though she moved out of a perfectly giant mansion to build one that might be too large for a small country.
    But she’s still less pretentious than the other ones, most of the time. :)

I love Heather and I’m really hoping this whole anti-Heather thing that Tamara and Vicki have going on is going to blow over soon. Looks like there’s going to be lots of drama with the NEW ladies!

I am going to try Heather Dubrow’s approach considering my boys are “up here” 99 percent of the time. Thanks for the video clips as I haven’t had the pleasure of watching The Housewives series since 2009. Obviously, I’ve been missing out.

I’m back! Did you miss me?

I think it is pretty cool when a TV show seeps into your everyday language. It shows how quickly English is evolving.

Heather is one of my favorites….some of the things she comes up with makes me want to pull out a pad of paper and jot it down so I can borrow a line or two down the road!!

I love the idea of the housewives, but I haven’t watched since the very beginning when there was only one show. Just one of those things that I didn’t get into and now I feel the train(wreck) has left without me. Although I think I could use some of those parenting techniques.

Trackbacks