Writer’s Workshop: Men Do It Better

4.) Father’s Day inspired! Share something your husband does better than you as a parent.

I give my husband a lot of grief because I somehow turned into that stereotypical woman who thinks her husband is up to stereotypical no good. In honor of Father’s Day I’d like to set my man hating ways aside to rejoice in my love for him and to admit once and for all that yes, sometimes men do it better. Here are just a few things I think men are better at. Happy almost Father’s Day dear:

1. Sleeping in.

sleeping in2

2. Barbecuing stuff.

barbecuing

3. Dancing

dancing dad

4. Teaching life lessons

life lessons

5. Wrestling with the children.

wrestling

6. mowing the lawn

mowing the lawn

7. Staying young.

relating

8. Taking care of the dogs.

dogs

9. Taking out the garbage.

garbage

10. Sleeping anywhere at any time.

sleeping in

1.) A blog post inspired by the word: surprise
2.) Talk about something you learned last month.
3.) What was the last thing that made you laugh?
5.) List some of your most recent must haves…tried and true purchases the rest of us should own.

Comments

Hahahahaha!! This was so funny. I have seen quite a few Almost Fathers Day blogs in the last few days, this one takes it all. I love it!

I have also become that woman. But my husband has also become that man who does a half-job at nearly everything. Except for the sleeping anywhere thing. And for lifting heavy stuff. Man, is he good at lifting heavy stuff.

I’m ashamed to admit, but I do a better job of sleeping in than my husband. Our son even knows to get Daddy before waking mommy up.

Your list is hilarious! I can see my husband doing all those things…. :-) much better than me indeed.

First off – I did not mean to add my post six times! I was getting an error and did not think it was working! I hope you delete all but one to save me further embarrassment.

Secondly – I wish my husband stayed young like the guy in the gif ;)

My husband has that staying young thing down. Everytime I see our wedding photo I tell him it is easy to see that I have been way easier to live with as opposed to him given how little he has aged compared to me.

Oh my gosh, those were so funny! My husband handles the electronics and he’s a better cook, actually. He’s also really good at having cool conversations with the kids.

My fave is the dog licking the spoon. It does double duty because you feed the dog and are able to clean the spoon at the same time. Saves time, water and gets that fresh doggy smell. :D

Trackbacks