Writer’s Workshop: 10 Ways To Cool Off

2.) 10 ways to cool off on a hot day.

This is about that time when we’ve all forgotten how cold and long winter was and we start complaining about scorching temperatures. I will lead the way! Because damn…it’s hot. Here are my top 10 ways to cool off!:

1. Host a pool party!

pool party

2. Ice cream for multiple purposes…

ice cream2

ice cream

3. Take a cool bath.

cool bath

4. Go fishing.

fishing

5. Take your CAT to the beach with you

cat

6. Find An Air conditioner.

air conditioner

7. Find a sprinkler.

sprinkler

8. Jump in a lake.

lake

9. Let your ice sister out of her room…

ice sister2

10. And ask her for your own personal snow flurry.

flurry

1.) Have you ever felt that life was getting in the way of a big goal? Did you end up giving up or pressing forward? (inspired by Crissy)
2.) 10 ways to cool off on a hot day.
3.) An app you love.
4.) If you could have any super mom power, what would it be?
5.) A blog post inspired by the word: glistening

Comments

Please enjoy a giggle at my post, I am an Aussie freezing her tushie during a cold Winter. Cannot imagine a hot day and a pool right now. Please enjoy for me.

I can’t imagine winter in Australia…does that mean it’s raining a lot? Do you get frost and snow? I’m thinking a trip is in order for me to fully comprehend this! ;)

Can’t complain, the weather in Cleveland hasn’t been too hot (until I wrote that and now it will be scorching).

Totally jinxed yourself. I love it when the weather is beautiful and sunny, but with a nice cool breeze. Those are perfect days!

I’m happy to set up a pool party so that we can have a go at the difficult basketball shot!…now I just need a pool….and four more people.

Yay! I made it to the link-up! And seriously, I just wrote my post without looking at your prompts and still…..it worked! I think this is the part where we say, “Great minds think alike!” (Or something like that.)

Thanks for the GIFs. I needed a few laughs. ;-)

I can’t stand the heat and tend to move from one air conditioned spot to another when the heat and humidity hit here. I never complain about the cold so I figure that I’ve got full complaining rights in the heat.

The hedgehog is adorable! :)

I want my own little hedgehog. I would carry him in the cooler portion of my Tommy Bahama beach chair, and he would back float with me in the lake. We would be divine together!

Somehow I ended up linked up twice. I love summer. I’m cold by nature so I never complain about being too hot. Also, a river runs through my small town, so my girls and I tend to stay there all summer. The lake is about 35 minutes away, and it’s always fun to go to it, tan in the sand, pretend I’m at the beach, and the water feels perfect. I loved the sprinkler photo. :)

Trackbacks