Writing prompts are a great way to keep stave off writer’s block when it comes to journal writing and blogging. Use them for yourself or share them with your kids to inspire consistency and fuel that creative mind! Below is a list of 31 November writing prompts, peek back in next month for a fresh December list!
November Writing Prompts
1. Something you brought for show and tell.
2. November 3rd is National Housewife’s Day…how will you celebrate?
3. The meaning of your name…does it suit you?
4. Tell us about something new you learned last month.
5. Share a list of some of your most recent favorite things.
6. What was your favorite song when you were 16 years old…is it still a favorite?
7. Tell us about an argument you witnessed.
8. Share a Thanksgiving recipe you will be cooking up this month.
9. Write a haiku about what you see out your window.
10. Five Things. List 5 things we don’t know about you, 5 things you’re knowledgeable about, 5 things you know nothing about, and 5 things you believe.
11. November 11th is Veteran’s Day, honor a Veteran today.
12. Tell us the story of how your pet came to be a member of your family.
13. Write a post, poem, or story about something you’re thankful for this Thanksgiving.
14. Your Homecoming dance dress.
15. Write about your favorite place to eat when you were a child.
16. Ask your child to draw a portrait of you and share it with us.
17. Write a story in exactly 101 words.
18. November 18th is Mickey Mouse’s birthday.
19. Before all hell breaks loose Peeta and Katniss are able to picnic on the roof together…they know that when they leave one or both will likely die. Peeta looks at Katniss and says, “I wish I could freeze this moment, right here, right now, and live in it forever.” Describe your moment.
20. Share a diary entry from when you were younger…feel free to make one up!
21. You saw it on Pinterest…does it really work?
22. Who is cooking the turkey you will be eating for Thanksgiving this year? Share a memory that makes you smile when you think of this person.
23. Write a poem, post or story where the last two words are ‘my friend’.
24. List 5 things that bring you comfort.
25. What traditions do you carry on with your family each year?
26. Write a poem, post, or story inspired by the word: wet
27. Happy Thanksgiving!
28. Black Friday
29. Listen. Write about what you hear, right now.
30. Share a fall inspired drink recipe!
Enjoy November and happy writing!