Writing prompts are a great way to work through writer’s block when it comes to journal writing and blogging. Use them for yourself or share them with your kids to inspire consistency and fuel that creative mind! Below is a list of 30 April writing prompts, peek back in next month for a fresh May list!
30 April Writing Prompts
1. Something you learned in March.
2. Write a blog post inspired by the word: born.
3. In what ways are you turning into your mother?
4. Today I will…
5. Create a Spring bucket list.
6. Spring Break! Ask your child to name 10 things (or less) they’d like to do for Spring Break. Share the list with us and tell us…will their dreams come true?
7. Throwback Thursday: Choose a photo from a previous April and write a poem or a blog post.
8. Easter recap!
9. What’s for dinner?
10. Write a blog post inspired by the word: break.
11. Tell us about a local news story that’s all the buzz right now in your neck of the woods.
12. List your top 10 most listened to songs currently.
13. Write a list of your top Spring must-haves.
14. Something your kids said that made you laugh.
15. What is an unpleasant experience you had eating? Write a poem, paragraph, or something else about the experience.
16. Write a blog post inspired by the word: Inspired.
17. Tell the story of a mistake made in the kitchen.
18. Write about someone who made your childhood bearable.
19. A moment you realized you were a grown up.
20. What is the joy in your present moment?
21. You have to move away from your state in one month. List 6 destinations you wouldn’t mind relocating to.
22. Write a blog post inspired by the word: Blossom.
23. Instagram fun! Share a photo you took with Instagram this week and tell us what you love about it.
24. An 8th grade memory.
25. Look into your archives. What were you blogging about a year ago around this time? Are you still dealing with the same thing? Your thoughts?
26. Write a blog post inspired by the word: journey.
27. Book review!
28. 10 things you love about Spring.
29. Share a quote you love.
30. Spring Cleaning! Share a before and after photo of a room you recently tackled.
Spread the love this month and enjoy munching on conversation hearts…now get writing!