Writing prompts are a great way to work through writer’s block when it comes to journal writing and blogging. Use them for yourself or share them with your kids to inspire consistency and fuel that creative mind! Below is a list of 31 March writing prompts, peek back in next month for a fresh April list!
31 March Writing Prompts
1. Something you learned in February.
2. Write a blog post inspired by the word: Embarrassed.
3. If you give a Mom a Blank…a post written in the style of the children’s “If You Give A Mouse A Cookie” books.
4. You can go back to your childhood for one day. What day and age do you choose?
5. 8 things you’re putting off.
6. Write a Limerick!
7. Throwback Thursday: Choose a photo from a previous March and write a poem or a blog post.
8. A time you were tricked.
9. I wish I could…
10. Write a blog post inspired by the word: Fired.
11. What was the occasion? Write about the last time you stayed in a hotel.
12. March 12th is National Girl Scouts Day. Let it inspire you.
13. Write a list of your 10 favorite snacks growing up.
14. Open a blank blog post and “right click paste” in the body of the post…what was pasted? Explain it.
15. Talk about a time you got lucky.
16. Write a blog post inspired by the word: Challenge.
17. Share how you celebrate St. Patrick’s Day.
18. A story of love.
19. A memorable day at work.
20. March 20th is the first day of Spring!
21. List 6 favorite Instagram accounts you love to follow.
22. Write a blog post inspired by the word: golden.
23. Update your readers on your 2015 goals. How are things going? Are you staying on track or facing some challenges?
24. Share 7 gifs that best express
25. If you had to relive a day in your life what day would it be?
26. Write a blog post that ends with the line: No one ever asked me.
27. Book review!
28. Create a recipe that incorporates mint.
29. 8 things you’d like to accomplish this Spring.
30. Spring Cleaning! Share a before and after photo of a room you recently tackled.
31. Show us what Spring looks like in your neck of the woods!
Spread the love this month and enjoy munching on conversation hearts…now get writing!