3. What’s for dinner?
About once a week or so I try to incorporate a recipe into my lineup that we’ve never tried before. I used to be a lot better about this, but now I go through these weird cycles that look something like this:
Week One: Inspired! I will cook all the healthy things and they will be delicious!
Week Two: Breakfast for dinner! I’m still motivated to cook, but tired of chopping vegetables.
Week Three: Leftovers Anyone?
Week Four: Ugh…McDonalds please.
But in my moments of creativity and inspiration I have discovered some wonderful new recipes that have become so of my favorite “go to meals”. Tried and true. And now they can become yours:
1. Kielbasa, Pepper, Onion and Potato Hash via The Two Bite Club
I love this one because there isn’t any complicated sauce to make. It’s veggies and meat, olive oil, salt and pepper. And so good!
2. Ginger Beef, Mushroom & Kale Stir-Fry via Gimme Some Oven
I’m not great at making the perfect steak, but I can definitely chop one up and cook it with kale and mushrooms. This is delish!
3. Slow Cooker Thai Chicken Soup via FoodieCrush
Slow Cooker recipes are my spirit animal…when I can actually manage to remember I wanted to MAKE on in the morning. This one is definitely a staple all year long. Likey.
4. Loaded Baked Sweet Potato via Skinnytaste.com
I don’t even like potatoes. But these? I always make sure to save leftovers for lunch too. SO good!
5. Salmon Burgers With Barbeque Hoisin Sauce via The Curvy Carrot
I love a salmon burger. Add hoisin sauce and some sort of cabbageness on top? Sold.
6. Sweet Potato, Sausage and Brussels Sprout Casserole via The Nilsen Pantry
All of the healthy aspects of a good meal PLUS a cheesy sauce mixed in. Another fave.
7. Southern Ham, Cheese, and Hashbrown Bake via Southern Fairytale
Not only is this feast a wonderful dinner option, but I actually bring it to family potlucks. It is highly requested and always wiped clean!
And there you go! Maybe I just inspired you to lengthen an extra week of inspired cooking with one of these 7 days of dinner. Or not. There’s always McDonalds.
Now it’s your turn!
Choose a prompt, post it on your blog, and come back to add your name to the link list below. Be sure to sign up with the actual post URL and not just your basic blog URL (click on the title of your post for that URL). For good comment karma try to comment on the three blogs above your name!!
1. Throwback Thursday: Choose a photo from a previous April and write a poem or a blog post.
2. Easter recap!
3. What’s for dinner?
4. Write a blog post inspired by the word: break.
5. Tell us about a local news story that’s all the buzz right now in your neck of the woods.
6. List your top 10 most listened to songs currently.