I decided if I made a pile of Fall leaves big enough I could swing from the branches of a Weeping Willow like Tarzan and land smoothly into the center of the pile.
I grabbed a handful of Weeping Willow branches and hugged them to my body.
Just as a pillow embraces the sweet head of a dreaming infant, so too would these leaves catch me.
Except that they didn’t.
I was holding on tight, but slid down the vines of that tree like the least graceful fireman you ever did see and I landed hard on a pillow of leaves that felt a lot less like a pillow of anything and a whole lot more like earth.
I don’t swing from branches into leaf piles anymore.
Now it’s your turn!
Choose a prompt, post it on your blog, and come back to add your name to the link list below. Be sure to sign up with the actual post URL and not just your basic blog URL (click on the title of your post for that URL). For good comment karma try to comment on the three blogs above your name!!
1. Share a back to school memory.
2. Something you wanted to be when you grew up.
3. I was holding on tight but…
4. Write a blog post inspired by the word: fate
5. Share something you miss from before you were a mom.
6. What were you blogging about last year at this time? How have things changed?