5 Things You Don’t Know About Me
1. I save my cheeseburger for last because it’s my favorite part. French fries always first.
2. I handpicked the paint color of our house when it was being built and nearly panicked when I saw the finished job. Rusty orange and brown. We had to pay a few hundred extra dollars to have them re-paint and left the color choice up to the builder.
3. I pushed my sister down a set of stairs. Years later she admitted she “allowed” herself to fall down them because I was always trying to push her and she wanted me to feel guilty. It almost worked.
4. My hands and feet are frozen. They’re literally just blocks of ice. I don’t even have hands and feet.
5. When I met Heather Armstrong for the first time I walked purposefully into the middle of a conversation she was having with other people and was all, “I just canNOT leave this room without saying HELLO to the mother of all mom bloggers!” She was very sweet. I embarrassed every one of my friends, but really enjoyed the wine that night.
5 Things I’m Knowledgeable About
1. How to properly swaddle a baby in 10 seconds or less and hand it to its mother.
2. How to hurt your husband’s feelings: Tell him your love for your children is unconditional, but your love for him is most definitely conditional and that he better not mess things up.
3. Inappropriate times for jokes.
4. Taylor Swift.
5 Things I Know Nothing About
1. How to build a shelter in Minecraft.
2. Fifth grade math.
3. How to decorate my own house.
4. Being rich.
5. Most things.
5 Things I Believe
1. There are drugs in food that have created an inability for me to pass a bag of white powdered donuts without longing to stuff every single one of them in my mouth instantly.
2. Animals should not be held in captivity unless they’re in danger, injured or unless they were adopted by me and the cage is my heart.
3. Girlfriends and good books. Everyone needs them.
4. There are three things you never lend your best friend: Your wife, your gun, or your chainsaw.
5. Sometimes you just need to make the jokes anyway.
Now it’s your turn!
Choose a prompt, post it on your blog, and come back to add your name to the link list below. Be sure to sign up with the actual post URL and not just your basic blog URL (click on the title of your post for that URL). For good comment karma try to comment on the three blogs above your name!!
1. Tell us about an argument you lost.
2. Share a Thanksgiving recipe you will be cooking up this month.
3. Write a haiku about something you’re thankful for.
4. Five Things. List 5 things we don’t know about you, 5 things you’re knowledgeable about, 5 things you know nothing about, and 5 things you believe.
5. Write a blog post inspired by the word: stain