Writing prompts are a great way to work through writer’s block when it comes to journal writing and blogging. Use them for yourself or share them with your kids to inspire consistency and fuel that creative mind! Below is a list of 31 August writing prompts, peek back in next month for a fresh September list!
31 August Writing Prompts
1. Share a back to school memory.
2. Write a blog post inspired by the word: soaked
3. Who needs a vacation when you can spend your summer doing this…
4. Share something you learned in July.
5. What grade is your child going to be in? Share a memory you have of yourself at that same age.
6. Share a favorite quote (or group of quotes) that you enjoy and describe what they mean to you.
7. Throwback Thursday: Choose a photo from August 10 years ago and write a poem or a blog post.
8. 10 things you have learned about politics from Facebook.
9. List 8 things you’re looking forward to and/or list 8 things you are dreading about sending the kids back to school.
10. Write a blog post inspired by the word: tattle
11. Write a blog post inspired by your childhood neighborhood.
12. List 10 things you love about the state you live in.
13. Write a blog post in exactly 13 lines.
14. Write a post where the first and last sentence contain any form of the word “find.”
15. Write a blog post from your dog’s perspective.
16. Find a brunch recipe on Pinterest and try it out! Was it successful?
17. Share the story behind your current Facebook and/or Twitter profile photo.
18. What is sabotaging your plan to drop those extra pounds?
19. What did not get accomplished this summer that you wish you had time for?
20. Top 10 reasons why you are glad you are done with school.
21. Write a post that begins and ends with the same sentence.
22. Write a blog post that ends with the word: paid.
23. If you had more time, what is one last summer excursion you would plan for your family?
24. 10 Lessons your child could teach you for a change.
25. Did you garden this summer? Share the fruits of your labor.
26. Write a blog post inspired by the word: shine.
27. Book review!
28. If you had to be a school teacher, what age would you choose to teach and why?
29. Write a poem inspired by that thing that’s been on your mind lately.
30. Talk about the last thing your husband did that made you laugh.
31. Highlight 10 favorite summer moments so far.
Here’s hoping August goes by slowly! I want to hang on to Summer for as long as possible!