Writing prompts are a great way to keep stave off writer’s block when it comes to journal writing and blogging. Use them for yourself or share them with your kids to inspire consistency and fuel that creative mind! Below is a list of 30 November writing prompts, peek back in next month for a fresh December list!
November Writing Prompts
1. Share an Autumn inspired recipe.
2. November 10th is National Forget-Me-Not Day. Let it inspire your blog post!
3. Write a list of 8 things you are thankful for.
4. Tell us about something new you learned last month.
5. Share a list of some of your most recent favorite things.
6. Write a blog post inspired by the word: rust
7. Tell us about an argument you lost.
8. Share a Thanksgiving recipe you will be cooking up this month.
9. Write a haiku about something you’re thankful for.
10. Five Things. List 5 things we don’t know about you, 5 things you’re knowledgeable about, 5 things you know nothing about, and 5 things you believe.
11. November 11th is Veteran’s Day, honor a Veteran today.
12. Write a blog post inspired by the word: teacher
13. Book review! Share a recent favorite (or least favorite) read.
14. Answer the So Very Thankful tag questions found here!
15. List 7 people you would like to invite to Thanksgiving dinner.
16. November 17th is National Take A Hike Day. So do it and share about it! Better yet, list 6 people or things you wish would take a hike.
17. Write a story in exactly 100 words.
18. Write a blog post inspired by the word: puddle
19. Share how life is different after having kids.
20. Answer the Thanksgiving tag questions found here!
21. You saw it on Pinterest…does it really work?
22. Share a fall inspired drink recipe!
23. Write a poem, post or story where the last three words are ‘I knew it’.
24. List 7 things that bring you comfort.
25. List 6 places on you would love to stay locally with your family.
26. Write a poem, post, or story inspired by the word: full
27. Happy Thanksgiving!
28. Share a recent photo or video you added to Instagram and give us the back story.
29. Write a blog post inspired by the word: pushy
30. Create a December bucket list.
Enjoy November and happy writing!