Writing prompts are a great way to work through writer’s block when it comes to journal writing and blogging. Use them for yourself or share them with your kids to inspire consistency and fuel that creative mind! Below is a list of 31 December writing prompts, peek back in next month for a fresh January list!
December Writing Prompts
1. Share a quote you love.
2. Write a blog post inspired by the word: slippery.
3. Describe what Saturday evenings are like at your house.
4. Best or worst gift you ever gave.
5. Describe how you would celebrate the holidays if it was totally up to you and money was not a factor.
6. Make a holiday dish and share the recipe with us!
7. List the best places to see holiday lights.
8. Share a favorite holiday inspired recipe!
9. Create a gift guide.
10. Best or worst gift you ever received.
11. Write a blog post inspired by the word: chill
12. Tell us about the last time you went ice skating.
13. Write (or share your child’s) a letter to Santa.
14. Describe a favorite Winter memory.
15. Describe a Christmas tradition that you have started with your own family?
16. List 8 things you love about winter.
17. Write a blog post inspired by the word: merry
18. Show us your Christmas tree.
19. Create your own Christmas list.
20. List your favorite YouTube channels.
21. Have you made a visit to the North Pole yet? Share your Santa pictures!
22. Netflix and chill? What are you binge watching this winter?
23. Christmas card share! Show us the card you sent out to family and friends this year.
24. List the top 7 things that bring you joy.
25. Merry Christmas! Share how you celebrate December 25th.
26. Look back at the resolution you made last year at this time, how did you do?
27. Write a blog post inspired by the word: fruitcake.
28. List 9 Great ways to spend winter break in your city.
29. Book review time! What winter read has you snuggled in and turning pages?
30. A year in review! Compile a years worth of your best blog posts and pictures.
31. Describe how you would spend the perfect New Year’s Eve.
December is often jam packed with things to do, kids home from school, and holiday hangovers. Hopefully this list will cut down on time spent wondering what to write about…too bad it can’t also create the TIME for you to write, but it’s a start. Get busy and have fun!