Writing prompts are a great way to work through writer’s block when it comes to journal writing and blogging. Use them for yourself or share them with your kids to inspire consistency and fuel that creative mind! Below is a list of 31 January writing prompts, peek back in next month for a fresh February list!
January Writing Prompts
1. Share your 2017 New Year’s Resolution. How did last year’s turn out?
2. Did you pick a Word Of The Year for 2017? Share!
3. If the way you spent your New Year’s Eve is any indication of how the rest of the year will go, how would you say your future is looking right about now?
4. Share your top 12 blog posts from 2016.
5. Share your top 12 photos from 2016.
6. What were you blogging about a year ago? What has changed since then?
7. The best part of my day is…
8. My least favorite part of my day is…
9. Describe what snow days were like when you were a child. What made them memorable?
10. Write a blog post inspired by the word: icy
11. Share one piece of great advice you’ve received.
12. List your favorite local kid-friendly activities.
13. The last time my heart melted was because…
14. A list of 20 ideas to make this your best year yet.
15. Write about how you would spend the perfect Snow Day.
16. Write a blog post inspired by the word: workout.
17. Tell us about the last time you dressed up. What was the occasion?
18. Share a favorite recipe you have been loving.
19. Share the last five items you pinned, choose one and let it inspire a blog post.
20. Talk about something you learned this month.
21. List 7 things you would love to eat guilt free.
22. Write a blog post inspired by the word: sugar.
23. Write about what you miss most about living at home with your parents.
24. Write about what you love most about not living at home with your parents.
25. List 10 things you love about motherhood
26. A photo journal entry…show us what winter looks like in your town.
27. Book review!
28. Write a blog post inspired by the word: surprise.
29. Tell us about your favorite home cooked meal growing up.
30. List 8 solutions for bored children.
31. Write about something funny a sibling or friend said to you.
January is all about fresh starts, goal making and organizing! Hopefully this list will inspire some fun topics. Get busy and have fun!