Writing prompts are a great way to work through writer’s block when it comes to journal writing and blogging. Use them for yourself or share them with your kids to inspire consistency and fuel that creative mind! Below is a list of 31 March writing prompts, peek back in next month for a fresh April list!
31 March Writing Prompts
1. Something you learned in February.
2. Write a blog post inspired by the word: bloom.
3. Share a childhood story about an unlucky day.
4. List 8 things you accomplished this week!
5. Write a Limerick!
6. March 2nd is National Read Across America Day. Tell us about your favorite childhood book.
7. Throwback Thursday: Share a childhood photo of yourself and let it inspire a blog post.
8. Talk about a time you got lucky!
9. I wish I could…
10. Write a blog post inspired by the color green.
11. What is on your Spring Break “to do” list?
12. March 9th is National Get Over It Day. What do you need to get over?
13. Write a list of your 5 favorite singers growing up…do they still make your top 5 list?
14. Open a blank blog post and “right click paste” in the body of the post…what was pasted? Explain it.
15. List 7 reasons why you would love to visit Ireland.
16. Write a blog post inspired by the word: courage
17. Share how you celebrate St. Patrick’s Day.
18. Write about something your child said that made you smile.
19. A memorable day at work.
20. March 20th is the first day of Spring! Show us signs of spring in your neighborhood.
21. List 6 hot topics being discussed on your Facebook page right now.
22. Write a blog post inspired by the word: challenge
23. You have one wish…what do you wish for?
24. Write about the last thing that surprised you.
25. March 23rd is National Puppy Day. Tell us about your puppy!
26. Write a blog post that ends with the line: I think that went well.
27. Book review!
28. Create a recipe that incorporates mint.
29. Tell us about the last time you slept on a couch.
30. Share your favorite photo you posted on Instagram this month and give us the back story.
31. Spring Cleaning! Share a before and after photo of a room you recently tackled.
Wishing the luckiest of months to all of you…now get writing!