Writing prompts are a great way to work through writer’s block when it comes to journal writing and blogging. Use them for yourself or share them with your kids to inspire consistency and fuel that creative mind! Below is a list of 30 April writing prompts, peek back in next month for a fresh May list!
30 April Writing Prompts
1. Something you learned in March.
2. Write a blog post inspired by the word: party.
3. Yesterday I forgot to…
4. Today I will…
5. List the things you would add to your garden if you had a garden.
6. Spring Break! Ask your child to name 10 things (or less) they’d like to do for Spring Break. Share the list with us and tell us…will their dreams come true?
7. Throwback Thursday: Choose a photo from a previous April and write a poem or a blog post.
8. Show us what Spring looks like in your neck of the woods.
9. List 7 things you can do with your leftover hard boiled eggs.
10. Write a blog post inspired by the word: friendly.
11. Share your a favorite spring break memory.
12. List your top 5 favorite apps.
13. Write a list of your top Spring must-haves.
14. Something your kids said that made you laugh.
15. If you had to choose a new career for yourself, what would you choose?
16. Write a blog post inspired by the word: incomplete.
17. Tell the story of a mistake made in the kitchen.
18. Write about your favorite childhood pet.
19. Write about a time you wasted your money.
20. Write about something that brought you joy today.
21. You have to move away from your state in one month. List 6 destinations you wouldn’t mind relocating to.
22. Write a blog post inspired by the word: break.
23. Instagram fun! Share a photo you took with Instagram this week and tell us what you love about it.
24. Share a 10th grade memory.
25. Look into your archives. What were you blogging about a year ago around this time? Are you still dealing with the same thing? Your thoughts?
26. Write a blog post inspired by the word: falling.
27. Book review!
28. 10 things you love about Spring.
29. Share a quote you love.
30. Spring Cleaning! Share a before and after photo of a room you recently tackled.
Spread the love this month and enjoy munching on conversation hearts…now get writing!