Writing prompts are a great way to work through writer’s block when it comes to journal writing and blogging. Use them for yourself or share them with your kids to inspire consistency and fuel that creative mind! Below is a list of 31 May writing prompts, peek back in next month for a fresh June list!
31 May Writing Prompts
1. If you were your own mother, what would you buy you?
2. Write a blog post inspired by the word: guilty.
3. Write about a gift you gave your mother.
4. Write a list of things you never thought you would do when you became a parent.
5. I know my kids really love me because…
6. Describe a home cooked meal that makes you feel warm and fuzzy inside.
7. Throwback Thursday: Choose a photo from a previous May and write a poem or a blog post.
8. You are given a part to act in a show you watch. Which show would you choose?
9. Share a lesson you learned from your Mother that still sticks with you to this day.
10. Write a blog post inspired by the word: fired.
11. April showers brought May flowers. Show us your May flowers.
12. List 8 people, places, or things you’d like to give a timeout to.
13. Share a new recipe you would like to try.
14. Something your kids said that made you think.
15. Share a mom fail.
16. Write a blog post inspired by the word: staycation.
17. Memorial Day Weekend plans?? Do share!
18. Talk about a time you embarrassed yourself.
19. Not your mother’s daughter…how do you parent differently than your mother did? Is it a good thing or a bad thing?
20. Share 10 baby names you love, but will not be using.
21. You have $5,0000 that MUST be spent on your home. How would you spend it?
22. Write a blog post the ends with the sentence: I had a feeling that would happen.
23. Summer is coming! What are you most looking forward to?
24. Share a college memory.
25. The least healthy foods you eat..
26. Write a blog post inspired by the word: late.
27. Book review!
28. Write about a favorite baby in your life.
29. Tell us about something naughty your pet recently did.
30. Share a favorite quote you came across this month!
Now get writing!