Writing prompts are a great way to work through writer’s block when it comes to journal writing and blogging. Use them for yourself or share them with your kids to inspire consistency and fuel that creative mind! Below is a list of 31 July writing prompts, peek back in next month for a fresh August list!
31 July Writing Prompts
1. Happy 4th of July! Share how your family celebrates the fourth!
2. Write a blog post inspired by the word: island
3. Tell us about the last time you were on a boat.
4. Share something you learned in June.
5. List your favorite summer-time activities.
6. It’s hot, the kids are home and crazy, our pets are panting, the days are long…share your Summer Survival Tips.
7. Throwback Thursday: Share an old photo and let it inspire your blog post.
8. Share a camping location that you think is a Must-Visit.
9. Ask your child what their favorite part of Summer has been and then write about it.
10. Write a blog post inspired by the word: swimsuit
11.Share a summer sunset!
12. List 8 things you miss about summer when you were a child.
13. Write a blog post in exactly 8 lines.
14. List your top 6 favorite summer moments so far.
15. What five images paint a perfect picture of summer to you? Put those five images together in a piece of writing.
16. Write a blog post inspired by the word: humid
17. What are you watching? Share your favorite summer programming so far.
18. Your favorite summer view so far.
19. If you could have any super mom power, what would it be?
20. List 9 things you’d rather be doing today.
21. Talk about something you were allowed to do as a child that you will not allow your child to do.
22. Write a blog post that ends with the word: crazy
23. Your dream summer vacation.
24. List 7 things you would do this summer if you had the time and money to do them.
25. Write about the last thing you sent your child to their room for.
26. Write a blog post inspired by the word: work
27. Book review!
28. Share a memorable dream.
29. Your favorite way to stay cool.
30. Create a list of some of your favorite Instagram accounts to follow.
31. Share a favorite summer recipe.
Get writing and have fun!