Writing prompts are a great way to work through writer’s block when it comes to journal writing and blogging. Use them for yourself or share them with your kids to inspire consistency and fuel that creative mind! Below is a list of 30 September writing prompts, peek back in next month for a fresh October list!
30 September Writing Prompts
1. Your summer recap in a poem and pictures.
2. Write a blog post inspired by the word: books
3. But teachers know everything!! Write about a time a teacher disappointed you.
4. Share something you learned in August.
5. Share a memory about your elementary school!
6. 10 things you do (or will someday do) when your kids are at school.
7. Share a back to school memory.
8. Something you wanted to be when you grew up.
9. If you had to teach, what grade would you choose and why?
10. Write a blog post inspired by the word: bus.
11. Share something you miss from before you were a mom.
12. What were you blogging about last year at this time? How have things changed?
13. Write a blog post in exactly 14 lines.
14. Share a day in your life represented only in pictures and the time the pictures were taken.
15. Talk about something you learned from your child this week.
16. Write about a time you were sent to the principal’s office.
17. Write a blog post inspired by the word: late.
18. 10 things you would do if you didn’t have to work.
19. Write about a new hobby or activity you would start if you had the time.
20. Listen to the sounds in your house for 5 or 10 minutes. Write about what you hear.
21. Write a blog post inspired by the word: change.
22. Share a new recipe you tried recently.
23. 10 Reasons why you love your job.
24. 10 Things you love about football.
25. 10 Things you don’t love about football.
26. Write a blog post inspired by the word: homework
27. Something funny your child said.
28. You won an award at some point in your life…what was it for?
29. Coffee Talk! Share your first pumpkin spice latte of the season with us.
30. 10 reasons why you’re glad it’s Fall.
Cheers to Fall! Now get writing. :)