Today we will spend the day cooking and cleaning and eating turkey. I will bring the Pioneer Woman’s mac and cheese, stuffed mushroom and a cocktail to my Mom’s house for dinner. Two of my sisters will bring homemade cheesecakes and make everyone take a bite of each and declare a winner. My Mom will burn a batch of dinner rolls beyond recognition. My brother will say something offensive about Jesus. We will all eat turkey and it will be amazing!
In honor of Thanksgiving I will complete the So Very Thankful Tag..
1. Name a color you are thankful for.
All the colors, but mostly black because it hides my cellulite.
2. Something your spouse does that you are thankful for.
He just finished the dishes, but he also does laundy, he goes grocery shopping for me every Sunday and he leaves the porch light on when I’m out after dark. HE’S A KEEPER!
3. Something your kids do that you are thankful for.
My kids get along for the most part and for that I am grateful because when they’re not getting along it’s extremely obnoxious and I’m just glad it’s not like that all the time.
4. A food you are thankful for.
Pizza always, but if I’m picking from the Thanksgiving table I will go with pumpkin pie. There is always room saved for pumpkin pie.
5. What recent good news are you thankful for?
I took Laina in to the doctor today concerned she might be coming down with strep. Her strep test came back negative and her flu test came back negative. I’m thankful that she’s just regular sick and it’s not more serious, although she still looks pretty miserable.
6. Name a drink you are thankful for.
Cofffeeeeeee….my love affair is committed for life. I’ll never leave.
7. Name a restaurant you are thankful for.
McDonalds, because what else would my kids eat on Friday nights? Or on the road? Or any time I don’t feel like cooking?
8. Talk about an animal you are thankful for.
I’m thankful for any animal that does not poop in my house.
9. Name a beauty product you are thankful for.
“Conceal it. Don’t feel it. Don’t let it show.” These are the words I whisper in the mirror every morning as I apply concealer. The circles, the blotchy skin, the aging and fine lines. Cover. it. up.
10. Name a cleaning product you are thankful for.
I carry all-purpose cleaner on my waist band. I clean everything with it, the floors, the counters the window sills, the bathrooms, my hair. Okay maybe not my hair, but it says ALL PURPOSE!
11. What social media platform are you thankful for?
I love Instagram. I get to see all the things my friends are enjoying and I can look back at some of my own most favorite and heavily filtered memories.
12. Tell us why you are thankful for the last person who texted you.
The last person who texted me was friend Marci to show me what fun I am missing out on by choosing to stay home instead of joining her for drinks. I’m thankful for her because she makes me laugh and reminds me of who I am before I became a responsible adult.
13. Name a candy you are thankful for.
The last candy I ate was an Almond Joy from my kids Halloween stash. I’m thankful that bit of chocolate was there when I needed it…although I probably definitely don’t need it.
14. Name an app on your phone that you are thankful for.
Remember the old days when we all had Thomas Guides in our car that we didn’t know how to read? So we would write directions down by hand and bring the Thomas Guide as a back up, but still get lost and end up pulling over to call mom for help? Well I do. Not a day goes by that I don’t thank God for creating my map app.
15. What are you looking forward to that you are thankful for?
We’re taking the kids to Coeur D’Alene to stay at the resort, enjoy holiday lights and find Santa…I’m excited!
Now it’s your turn!
Choose a prompt, post it on your blog, and come back to add your name to the link list below. Be sure to sign up with the actual post URL and not just your basic blog URL (click on the title of your post for that URL). For good comment karma try to comment on the three blogs above your name!!
1. Book review! Share a recent favorite (or least favorite) read.
2. Answer the So Very Thankful tag questions found here!
3. List 7 people you would like to invite to Thanksgiving dinner.
4. What dish do you look forward to preparing for Thanksgiving. Share the recipe!
5. Write a story in exactly 112 words.
6. Write a blog post inspired by the word: accident.