Writing prompts are a great way to work through writer’s block when it comes to journal writing and blogging. Use them for yourself or share them with your kids to inspire consistency and fuel that creative mind! Below is a list of 31 January writing prompts, peek back in next month for a fresh February list!
January Writing Prompts
1. Share your 2018 New Year’s Resolution. How did last year’s turn out?
2. Did you pick a Word Of The Year for 2018? Share!
3. If the way you spent your New Year’s Eve is any indication of how the rest of the year will go, how would you say your future is looking right about now?
4. Share your top 12 blog posts from 2017.
5. Share your top 12 photos from 2017.
6. What were you blogging about a year ago? What has changed since then?
7. The best part of my day is…
8. My least favorite part of my day is…
9. Share how snow makes you feel in gifs.
10. Write a blog post inspired by the word: new
11. Share one piece of great advice you’ve received.
12. Share something that made you laugh this week.
13. The last time my heart melted was because…
14. A list of 15 ideas to make this your best year yet.
15. Write about how you would spend the perfect Snow Day.
16. Write a blog post inspired by the word: free.
17. Share something that you worked on this week.
18. Share a favorite recipe you have been loving.
19. Share the last five items you pinned, choose one and let it inspire a blog post.
20. Write about your most recent purchase.
21. List 6 things you would love to eat guilt free.
22. Write a blog post inspired by the word: sparkle.
23. Share something that made you think this week.
24. Write about a time you fell down.
25. List 5 things you love about your pet.
26. A photo journal entry…show us what winter looks like in your town.
27. Book review!
28. Write a blog post inspired by the word: perfection.
29. Tell us about your favorite home cooked meal growing up.
30. Share something that a friend created this week.
31. Pick up your phone, tell us about the last text exchange you had.
January is all about fresh starts, goal making and organizing! Hopefully this list will inspire some fun topics. Get busy and have fun!