When you’re seven and your dad dies you will think about that time he told you to move out of the way when you were walking through the front door, “cause you know I might fall on you.”
And you will giggle because your dad is great big and would never fall on you even if he is sick and slow moving.
But the next thing you knew you had a beast of a man on top of your legs and you looked at him horrified while scrambling out from under him, “are you okay!?!” he asked.
The irony of that question is not lost on you, even at seven years old.
You glance from your leg to the tiny threshold he was unable to step over and frown at the new chink in your kid armor that is supposed to protect you from understanding.
You will learn that when someone warns you to get out of the way, you should get out of the way.
Because sick and slow moving can make anyone fall.
Now it’s your turn!
Choose a prompt, post it on your blog, and come back to add your name to the link list below. Be sure to sign up with the actual post URL and not just your basic blog URL (click on the title of your post for that URL). For good comment karma try to comment on the three blogs above your name!!
1. Write a blog post in exactly 8 lines.
2. Share a day in your life represented only in pictures and the time the pictures were taken.
3. Talk about something your child learned this week.
4. Find a tweet you shared last week and elaborate.
5. Write a blog post inspired by the word: wait
6. 10 things you would do if you didn’t have to work.