Summer is coming.
SUMMER IS COMING!!
Our last day of school is June 23rd and honestly I do not know who is more excited, me or the kids. You may not recall, but the beginning of this school year was a little overwhelming for my first year middle schooler. I ended up enrolling her in an online school, but take her two and from her middle school for electives twice a day. Someday I’ll write a post about what the pressure of school coupled with anxiety did to my little girl, but it was clear this year we need to regroup. So we regrouped.
Thank God for my Mom because when I realized the plan for this year needed some revising, she stepped up for the morning drive so that I could run a daycare and then baby Harper and I have been going back and forth every afternoon. It’s fine, it’s worked out fine BUT it has been challenging as well.
Needless to say I can’t WAIT for our last day of school and here is how I plan to spend it:
1. Not Driving
2. In my pajamas
3. Not waking a sleeping baby
4. Encouraging the children to prepare my meals
5. Taking my meals in bed
6. Encouraging the children to clean my house
7. Toasting to the children from bed
8. Not running a daycare
9. Not chasing kids out the door to catch a bus
How will you spend your last day of school/first day of summer vacation?
Now it’s your turn!
Choose a prompt, post it on your blog, and come back to add your name to the link list below. Be sure to sign up with the actual post URL and not just your basic blog URL (click on the title of your post for that URL). For good comment karma try to comment on the three blogs above your name!!
1. Create a Father’s Day gift guide.
2. Write a blog post inspired by the word: sunkissed
3. Share your last day of school plans/recap.
4. Share something you have learned this month.
5. 10 Things you hope to accomplish this summer.
6. Describe a time you made things…awkward.