We should wise up and just let kids rule the world. The older you get, the more you complicate everything, but kids see things so simply.
I remember complaining to my 6 year old niece once about how I felt annoyed with my (then) boyfriend for missing an important volleyball game I had played. She was all, “Did you ask him to come?” and I was all, “well no, but I feel like he should have known.” And she was all, “I don’t think you should be mad at him if you didn’t tell him you wanted him to come.”
Tell people when you want them to show up at your volleyball game.
More recently, I was getting frustrated with one of my kids and a little girl I watch heard me grumbling and calmly muttered, “It won’t work out if you yell at her.”
Don’t yell at people when you expect action from them.
Kids are deep.
They have all the answers.
They don’t need us for anything.
Okay…maybe allowing them to rule the world is overkill.
But I do appreciate their accidental pearls of wisdom at times!
Now it’s your turn!
Choose a prompt, post it on your blog, and come back to add your name to the link list below. Be sure to sign up with the actual post URL and not just your basic blog URL (click on the title of your post for that URL). For good comment karma try to comment on the three blogs above your name!!
1. Throwback Thursday: Choose a photo from a previous August and write a poem or a blog post.
2. Who needs a vacation when you can spend your summer doing this…
3. List 8 things you’re looking forward to and/or list 8 things you are dreading about sending the kids back to school.
4. Write a blog post inspired by the word: deep.
5. Your childhood neighborhood.
6. List 10 things you love about the state you live in.