I love when I see some of my favorite brands making strides to provide food we can feel comfortable feeding to our family and friends. Equally, I love it when they print it ALL over their label because I’m one of those people who does not take the time to study ingredients. I really depend on a label shouting “I’m a clean option!” and I will go back to it again and again.
I’m excited to work with Johnsonville this week to share the Favorite Sausage and Veggie Skillet, one of my favorite no-fuss meals to help make holiday dinners healthier this season. I used the Italian Sausage option from their new line of Naturals Sausage (Brats and breakfast sausage available as well) and it was a win for the family. The Johnsonville Naturals line does not contain artificial ingredients, flavors, colors or preservatives and focuses on high quality, which is a win for me.
This meal would be a perfect addition to any family dinner or friendsgiving feast!
- 1 Package Johnsonville Naturals Mild Italian Sausage
- 1 Chopped Zucchini
- 1 Chopped Butternut Squash
- 1 Diced Onion
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Spray a skillet with cooking spray. Add sausage. Cook over medium-high heat until browned, about 5 minutes, turning links often. Reduce heat to medium-low. Carefully add 1/2 cup water to skillet. Cover and simmer for 12 minutes or until cooked through.
- Saute vegetables in a separate skillet with olive oil, salt and pepper until soft.
- Add cooked sausages to vegetable skillet. You can serve it as is or over rice. Sometimes I add chili sauce or red pepper seasoning for a little kick.
I also throw in any other vegetable within reaching distance. Yams, red bell peppers, and corn are all delicious additions! You have no excuses, invite some friends over and feast or do what I do…prep this skillet on Sunday and eat it all week for lunch:
Enjoy! This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Johnsonville. The opinions and text are all mine.