Writing prompts are a great way to work through writer’s block when it comes to journal writing and blogging. Use them for yourself or share them with your kids to inspire consistency and fuel that creative mind! Below is a list of 30 September writing prompts, peek back in next month for a fresh October list!
30 September Writing Prompts
1. Your summer recap in a poem and pictures.
2. Write a blog post inspired by the word: late
3. But teachers know everything!! Write about a time a teacher disappointed you.
4. Share something you learned in August.
5. First day of school!
6. 10 things you do (or will someday do) when your kids are at school.
7. Share a back to school memory.
8. Something you wanted to be when you grew up.
9. I was holding on tight but…
10. Write a blog post inspired by the word: fate
11. Share something you miss from before you were a mom.
12. What were you blogging about last year at this time? How have things changed?
13. Write a blog post in exactly 8 lines.
14. Share a day in your life represented only in pictures and the time the pictures were taken.
15. Talk about something your child learned this week.
16. Find a tweet you shared last week and elaborate.
17. Write a blog post inspired by the word: wait
18. 10 things you would do if you didn’t have to work.
19. Write something that begins and ends with the words “When I was younger.”
20. Listen to the sounds in your house for 5 or 10 minutes. Write about what you hear.
21. Write a blog post inspired by the word: travel
22. Locked out.
23. 10 Reasons why you love your job.
24. 10 Things you love about football.
25. 10 Things you don’t love about football.
26. Write a blog post inspired by the word: fate
27. Something funny your child said.
28. You won an award at some point in your life…what was it for?
29. Coffee Talk! Share your first pumpkin spice latte of the season with us.
30. 10 reasons why you’re glad it’s Fall.
Cheers to Fall! Now get writing. :)