Today is (was) National Hot Buttered Rum Day, and since I don’t think I’ve ever actually tasted hot buttered rum, I thought…YOLO! Let’s make some hot buttered rum!
So I did:
And…nasty. Which honestly surprised me because it’s so pretty.
Everything was going great until the recipe told me to top off my delicious cream mixture with a pot of boiling water. I should have known better.
I do not encourage you to top this drink with boiling water.
Heat up some milk…make your hot buttered rum creamy and sweet instead of weird.
- 1/2 Stick of Butter (Softened)
- 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 Cup Vanilla Ice Cream
- 1 Shot of Rum
- Cream Sugar and Butter together until smooth.
- Mix in Vanilla Ice Cream.
- Pour 3 Tablespoons of the butter mixture to your mug.
- Add a shot of Rum.
- Pour in milk that has been heated.
- Top with whip cream and cinnamon.
Happy National Hot Buttered Rum Day to you! Enjoy your weekend!