I complained about kids who ask questions at the WRONG time last Thursday and listed 14 bad times to approach your mother for kids like mine who seem to have a hard time knowing exactly when to speak. So this week I thought it was only fair to share the 12 best times to approach your mother, specifically if you would like her to say yes to something:
1. On payday.
2. After she’s had a couple sips of wine.
3. On Mother’s Day.
4. When you’ve saved her money.
5. When you have a gift, thoughtful letter of thanks, or drawing to present to her.
6. After you’ve complimented her.
7. After you have kept your room clean for an entire week.
8. After you have brushed your teeth the first time you were asked.
9. Before her show is on or during a commercial break.
10. After you have finished your homework.
11. After she’s finished her coffee.
12. In the car (unless she’s running late).
There you go! Share this with your kids. When they know better, they’ll do better.